Help! Need to know what a "B" jump is on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am doing AAU Ladies division. I was told I needed a "B" jump for beam. I was told a split jump is a B jump but I am terrible at them, what other jump could I do that is a B?

I am doing AAU Ladies division. I was told I needed a "B" jump for beam. I was told a split jump is a B jump but I am terrible at them, what other jump could I do that is a B?

Does your AAU follow USAG JO guidelines? If so, a tuck jump 1/2 is a B. Also, a straight jump 3/4 is a B. Wolf jump 1/2, maybe, and I think straddle jumps are, too. Switch leaps, too? I'm not sure about those.

Honestly I don't know. AAU is differnt from USAG but a lot of the things are the same. Ladies division is differnt rule wise I forgot to add this is for modified optional ladies not ladies level 8. I can do a pretty good wolf jump I wish/hope it is a b.

"B" jump is in the "bite" category. any jump that can cause a "beam bite" receives B part value. ;)

Well Dunno, for me that could be any jump or move for that matter on the beam ;) so give me some specific examples :D

In the code of points it says a split jump is an A.. I was just wondering because that's supposed to be one of my B's this year :/

it said it was an A in the 2009-2013(?) code of points.. (idk if its 2013 or whatever :D)

it said it was an A in the 2009-2013(?) code of points.. (idk if its 2013 or whatever :D)

In the JO Code of Points (2009 - 2013), a split jump is a B skill (2.201) while a split leap (2.101) is an A. Both are A skills in the FIG Code.

I wonder why they don't use the FIG code at the higher levels. It would be helpful to see where level 9 and 10 routines score.

Thanks guys, but I would really like to know what other jumps are a b, and I did find out they go by USAG- JO rules. I am not wanting to do the split jump as I can't get it any bigger than this ^ so it would not count. So please what other jumps are considerred b's?

Thanks guys, but I would really like to know what other jumps are a b, and I did find out they go by USAG- JO rules. I am not wanting to do the split jump as I can't get it any bigger than this ^ so it would not count. So please what other jumps are considerred b's?

Ummmm......here's a thought---ask your coach or ask to borrow their copy of the COP.

3/4 jump, switchleg leap, I think a tuck half, a straddle if thats any better than a split. oh and a wolf jump is an A the last time I looked at the COP. does it need to be a jump? or just a B? If it just needs to be a B then a handstand straddle down was how one of my friends got her credit last season.

Ummmm......here's a thought---ask your coach or ask to borrow their copy of the COP.

Ummm because my coach is determined about the split jump, I just started training with her, she does not know what else I can do, but if I show her that maybe the split jump isn't my best jump she may reconsider and I am an adult. Good enough reason to satasify your rude response?

Well a split jump is a pretty basic skill, and probably easier in the long run than playing around with other jumps that have turns/hidden deductions. Can I suggest you work on the split jump, then closer to competitions ask your coach about other options if it is still terrible. It is possible it is fulfilling some other requirement, so replacing it may not help you.

if you go to the usa gymnastics website and i think you look under rules.. and then under code of points.. there is a link to the FIG website where you can find the code of points..

she doesn't need FIG code she needs USAG JO code. It is very different. Make sure you look at the right one.

I would think you need a jump showing 180 split. A split jump is the easiest way to reach this although some girls who have jumping power and poor split do better with a switch leap

Brief googling shows that the rules are modified L8 (but none of the modifications pertain to the beam requirements). In that case your Bs can be anything, but you need one jump or leap with 180 degree split, isolated or in a series. So it's not exactly a matter of a B jump. This is probably why the coach is pushing the split jump, but maybe you should just ask them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back