Hi

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

3gymgirls

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm a gym mom of 2 girls, ages 5 and 3, who are both level 1 gymnasts at our local club. I also have an almost 2-year-old daughter who will be starting gym this summer after she turns two. My oldest will, according to the coach, probably be starting Level 2 this summer in rec classes. Level 2 is the earliest our club competes and the team members are picked from the rec classes and then invited to extra team practices. My 3-year-old started at age 2, but was moved to the 3-and-4-year-old class after about 6 months due to scheduling changes. She was on target with most of the skills. This year, she was moved to the Level 1 after a conversation with the coaches regarding winter weather here in Nebraska and our hour-long drive to the gym on Saturday mornings. She is at the low end of the class on many of her skills, but she is not bothered by it and just keeps working to improve. My oldest has been kept at level 1 so that she could become very solid on her skills because she gets discouraged when she sees other kids successfully do skills that she can not. Finally, this last Saturday, the coach volunteered that she would likely be in level 2 next year - and that was before we saw her complete her back pullover on bars (I think that's what it's called) not once, but twice for the first time.

Welcome! I also have 3 in gym. My girls are currently training L6, prep op bronze, and L2. I think. ;) My 5 yr old is also training L2 just like yours...and yes, that pullover is very exciting for them!
You will learn a lot here as your girls progress in gymnastics.

Sit back and enjoy the ride as they grow and develop with the sport

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back