WAG Home bar? Yes or no?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At the risk of sounding like an old Fuddy duddy, going on our 17th year in the sport and have never had any home equipment....so no, just no....

My husband built my daughter a carpeted floor beam when she was in (old) level 3. She only did dance on it, never any skills. She's retired from gym now, but we can't seem to part with it because it's now the cat's favorite scratching post. It's been the best $20 scratching post for the past 10 years or so.

Pea was desperate a few years ago for a vault table...and pit...I said 'no' and stand by it :rolleyes:
Lol, YG's dream house has a full gym (complete with her favorite coaches) in the basement. Each coach has a basement apartment off of the gym. There is a huge pit with everything dismounting into it. Plus a full set of equipment with full competition matting.
I told her that the house would have to be high on a very wide hill so the basement could be low enough to accommodate the 20 foot ceilings she declared she needed and big enough to accommodate all she wants.
She decided this after visiting one of her former teammates (at age 7) who had full eneven bars and a beam and a tumbletrak in her basement. The mom was an Old L2-L4 coach and at the time, her older girl was going into L5. YG just had to 1-Up them... but really wanted to put it all in my basement. (I was able to use it as a teachable moment and taught her all about the water table and how digging down enough for a 9 foot clearance... not including the deeper pit depth... we would be constantly flooded.) :rolleyes:

My husband built my daughter a carpeted floor beam when she was in (old) level 3. She only did dance on it, never any skills. She's retired from gym now, but we can't seem to part with it because it's now the cat's favorite scratching post. It's been the best $20 scratching post for the past 10 years or so.
Since their older brother decided to "fix" our carpeted floor beam, the girls can't use it even if they wanted to (and OG would like to practice walking on it- taking small steps with her). The cats and dogs all are enjoying it right now.

We have a chin up bar that DD6 uses for anything but chin ups until I remind her what it's there for (coach told me to get it) we also have a metal bar on stands set in concrete in the garden on the grass that she does more actual bar stuff on ....I like it for swinging into the paddling pool in summer as does she, my DS & their friends!
She has asked for a 'proper bar like in gym' for ages & I'm considering it finally after hearing if other kids in her class having them ..... I'm still not fully decided though!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back