Parents How do you feel about youtube?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She's an elite track, level 2, gymnast - very talented (my dd is a big fan) and, as our UK gymnastics community is very small, any girl who gets to that level 'in age' has some national recognition in the sport..

is she still competing compulsories? She was one I liked to keep track of (if I have the right girl!), and I don't remember her being on the level 3 or 2 results list....

Yes she's still competing. She did her level 3 and did pretty well. She didn't compete level 2 this spring, as the family had a tough year by all accounts, but I hear she still intends to do it, is still doing lots of hours and has taken up double mini tramp as well. I didn't make it easier to identify her, as there is nothing on youtube about her gymnastics status or level, so you wouldn't find her from what I said. The identifying factors were all in the previous posts and it wasn't so much the unitard I thought was a 'bit off' - it is quite loud! It was the comment that suggested the clips were aimed at a certain audience. I agree that people posting on youtube leave themselves open to comments. I just thought I should point out that a specific person (child) had been referred to, and was being talked about on this board, who could easily be reading or read about by people who know her and the comments were starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

This little girl is an amazing gymnast and my dd loves her videos! Very original and different. However, with that being said, she is most intentionally being "marketed" whether positively or negatively. My goodness, she even has her own catchphrase! I see nothing exceptionally unique about this marketing tactic, but her audience through YouTube is large and not sure what the long term repercussions will be for child/parent. Maybe there should be a study on the effects of youtube and parenting?

Yes they were always running a 103 fever as well!

Hahaha....that is only funny to me because it happened to us TWICE this year. One meet I had no idea she was sick...she actually had a great meet and came in 2nd AA, then I realized she was sick at dinner on the way home. Second time I knew something was up because she was kind of a wobbly mess...I thought she was just nervous though because her coach was not there. She wound up doing okay in the meet, but she was diagnosed with Influenza B the next day and missed 5 days of school.

Hope this is the only season that happens!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back