Parents How many leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

About 15 (including her comp leo).
She needed 10 for camp last week and I wasn't sure how many she had at the time, so I bought her a couple more. When it was time to pack, I counted and realized she had more than plenty! :)

I would say dd has around 10 that fit and then a few that are probably snug that I am sad to see drifting to the back of the drawer. :p

My DD trains 3 times a week and has 6 sleeveless leos and 7 long-sleeved for winter (was supposed to be 6 but we ended up with one more), not counting her comp leo. So we can go two weeks before we need to wash them. I handwash them all very carefully to preserve the shiny fabrics. She probably doesn't really need this many, she has the most leos of anyone in her class. But it can be a bit of an addiction, like I have a little gymnast doll and love dressing her up in pretty leos!

8 currently and its hard not to buy more. Some are just so cute.
Do any of you purchase two team leos "just in case" you need a second one?

8 currently and its hard not to buy more. Some are just so cute.
Do any of you purchase two team leos "just in case" you need a second one?

Not at $200+ for the competition leo! Oh my, no! LOL

DD probably has around 7-8 not including her comp leos but some of these she has had for 4-5 years. bought them big and they are just starting to get small now. She practices 4 days a week but needed 7 for camp this year. She just out grew most of her child larges so we had to go out and get more. discountleotards online is really good for cheap leos. I have done the ebay thing before and didn't like not seeing the state of the leo. got burned a couple times on thinking it looked "like-new" but really was pretty worn. thankfully her gym allows us to hand out our old leos for sale. works well.

You don't want to know! lol!! They have become a bit of an addiction! Alex probably has about 20 to 25 that fit her currently. I just can't resist a great deal! I usually buy them on ebay and then resell them when they are either to small or not in her current favorites anymore! Be careful....it is easy to be sucked in!!

And I thought I was bad!! :)

As I was packing my dd for camp last week, I realized that we actually don't have as many as I thought due to the fact that several of them don't fit anymore, and there are some she really wanted but never wears because she doesn't like the way they feel or fit. Guess that's my green light to buy some more!! LOL!

Those of you thinking about the cost just compare them to the dresses on Toddlers and Tiaras. The dresses cost hundreds and your daughters wear leos over and over.

I handwash them all very carefully to preserve the shiny fabrics.

Definitely make sure you read the care label. My DD has several shiny leos that specifically say not to handwash them or hang them up to dry. They're supposed to be washed (inside out) in the washing machine and then dried in the dryer with NO fabric softener.
The velvet leos I just toss in the regular laundry, but the shiny ones I wash with the towels since I never use fabric softener with those loads.
I'm not sure why it matters, but so far so good! :)

Definitely make sure you read the care label. My DD has several shiny leos that specifically say not to handwash them or hang them up to dry. They're supposed to be washed (inside out) in the washing machine and then dried in the dryer with NO fabric softener.

Confusingly, the leotards of different brands came with different care instructions, even though they are they same kind of fabric. I follow the instructions I got with the Snowflake leotards, which is to handwash them using only water and salt, no detergent. I did use detergent a couple of times with a couple of them, and the shiny fabrics definitely began to look duller, so now I only use salt, and the shiny fabrics stay shiny. I also never put them in the dryer, I hang them on an indoor drying rack.

My DD has too many leotards! It's awful. She currently goes 2 days per week, and may add a day in the fall depending on what happens with our gym situation. She currently has 9 that fit her and 5 pairs of bar shorts in an array of colors. I credit a portion of the excessive amount of them to waiting to buy the "expensive ones" until we had a good idea she'd stick with it (nearly 2 years after starting tot classes!). So, we had a lot of pent-up desire for those adorable, colorful, sparkly leos!

Currently, we are on a buying freeze. :) I told DD (and myself!) no more leos until Christmas, at least!

And I cannot bear to part with them. We've only handed down one to a deserving tiny little teammate. The rest I'll hang on to, I think! She can decide what to do with them when she's older. But I'm also the mom that has kept a portion of my kids tiny infant clothes!

Waaay too many, but that's my addiction :)

We probably have 40-50 for two girls. I routinely get rid of ones that don't get worn often, but they still seem to pile up. :)

We have about 15-20 for my DD that is L4. Ebay is def. the way to go for buying/selling. I've even bought them on ebay and sold them for more that what I've purchased them for.

My DD probably has 15-20 and is at gym 3 days per week :/ it is my fault because I love to buy them! She just got a leo catalogue in the mail and circled all the ones she wanted for her birthday! Geez I told her no way but we will see!!

I've tried to not go crazy, but I did end up buying DD three more leos. I got two used gk's on ebay, hopefully they fit and are in good condition. DD knows they are coming, but asked yesterday at gymnastics why she can't get one from the gym. So maybe we will get one more :).

After being really good and restraining my self for quite a while, the other day I bought DD one more leo. It was a bargain on TradeMe, really pretty and she looks great in it. But she really didn't need any more. I just like to buy them for her. :eek:

Wow! I'm much saner than alls y'all! :)

Bella goes three times a week. She has six training leos so that I only have to wash every two weeks. We have one long sleeve comp leo and one tank leo in our team colors that acts as their back up leo for competitions. Because we got new team leos this year (and this is our first year competing), we will have our comp leo for next year too but will have a new "back up" leo next summer.

That being said, I could have a lot of fun buying leos if I had unlimited funding. I love leo shopping.

Not at $200+ for the competition leo! Oh my, no! LOL

HOW MUCH :eek:

Blimy george, I thought 40 quid was blinking expensive !!!!!

Mine is currently rotating 4 (just sold 3 old ones ones on ebay), but if shes been especially good she sometimes gets a new one ( ebay again and I pride myself in never spending more than £10 including P&P) - she trains 12 hours a week 4 days a week. Mine get hand washed in cool water in the bidet (I knew it would come in handy) and line dry in the utility, I don't use detergents howevere I do sometimes rub a little soap on the gusset as she doesn't wear underwear.

289874_2135679679230_1463222273_32474053_7665195_o.jpg

Just pay close attention to measurements. I shop on eBay for leotards for both girls and ask for measurements if none are listed. Girth is most important. If all else fails (and you have tried GK, AF, and Snowflake... then GymDigs has reasonably priced leotards that you can have custom made- give them DD's vital statistics and choose a design and colors and away you go.

I actually had one made for myself last year (and I was 5'3" and well over 300 lbs), and it fit great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back