I am injured!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So over the past month or two i was in the ER twice within 6 days. The first time happened while i was at cheer and was dropped onto my neck, but they cleared me to go back 6 days later. on the sixth day i went back to gymnastics and was ding yurchenko drills wheni came of the springboard and landed straight back onto my arm causing me to dislocate my elbow. i was in a cast for three weeks and i am out ofit now. Although i can still not straighten my arm. I would love if you could give me some luck and pray that i heal completley and come back to gymnastics and be able to compete by january/feburary. i am a new level 7 and need t qualify for state in order to move up to 8 next season. i have not been in one competition yet this year. Thank you!

Thank everyone so much for their thoughts. My arm is coming along but its takign awhile and as any injured gymnast knows being out of the sport is hard! I feel like i never have anything to do but when i gointo the gym i seemy teammates get ready for competition and pass me up. Well anyways im srry i hvnt replyed in awhile to be honest i havnt been on the computer!

Yes i actually just got cleared to start PT my first visit is on Friday. Ive been to the place several times that i am going. They deal with many gymnasts. Its 30 mins frommy house but is worth it in the long run. He healed my ankels every time i sprained them (whichhas been 5-6 times now) so i trust them. And thanks. the hardest part for me is going intothe gym and seeing all of the girls learn new skills to put into their floor routine and me just having to sit their and watch. Not the best thing. Then theirs the part of me getting made fun of because i dislocated my elbow doing a roundoff.... which is quit embarrising but hey vault drills are more dangerous then you might think. ive alsonoticedive been spending a lot more time on the computer latley. wel thanks for allthe wishes! Its at 135 degrees and my right arm wont get passedthe 180 degreesthat my other arm is but it should get to almost 180! And i hope so!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back