Parents I Don't Understand My Child

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok. One last vote for complete non-chalance.

DD, 2 years ago, trying to get her giant. Huge pressure from coach, who teaches pre-competitive, saying she'd be his first athlete in Canada to compete a giant. (Usually precomps get to L5 or less so he was excited). Huge pressure on her. She wanted to compete L7 so badly. Long story short: I got involved. I paid for privates for months,I talked to her when she brought it up which was constantly. We were in giant hell. Two weeks before her first meet, they taught her an uprise,which at that time could replace the giant here. She compete L7 and did fine.

First day back in the gum after comp season, she got her giant. That day and every day since.

Now, if she has a fear, or a bad day, and I know she's tried her best I limit it to 'don't worry. Every day can't be your best day". Or "did you try your best?.... Then that's all you can do". And she works through it, and I suffer for her in silence. And I will say that EVERY SINGLE TIME it has worked since the day she got her giant.

Pressure, whether perceived or real, is a gymnastics killer.
Totally agree. They put enough pressure on themselves. Don't need anymore from outside sources.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back