MAG IGC after injury hiatus.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
So DS has been out completely. He has remained very active and has been stretching everyday. He has a wrist problem that the Dr. said will heal after he is OFF of it for at least 3 months. So it has been almost 2 months and 1 month till IGC. He has had 0 issues with the wrist so far.

Before he heads off the Gymnastics Playland, shouldn't he get back into the best shape possible??
Is 2 weeks of conditioning enough??

I know he is not going to be able to jump back into his old stuff...I am going to make sure that IGC understands this and to be very careful letting him 'go'.

I also pray that once he gets back in there, he can have FUN again!!!! He spent 6 months competing injured and had a SUPER dissappointing season.....

He cant wait for IGC!:D

IGC is extremely cautious. Gymnasts do nothing without a spot. I actually think they are excessive about it. He should be fine.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

Agree^^^. Everything is over a pit or with a spot. The people there are wonderful. Just let them know and I'm sure they will be careful. Have fun!

IGC is extremely cautious. Gymnasts do nothing without a spot. I actually think they are excessive about it. He should be fine. ]

Well.... I'm sure the OP's son will be fine, but I personally know 2 gymnasts that have broken bones while at IGC (and they were not doing crazy advanced skills). Just encourage him to take it easy coming back and enjoy the time back in the gym.

DD just went to 2 weeks of camp after 6-7 weeks of no tumbling, bars, vaulting, any weight bearing on her left arm due to a wrist injury. She had about one week of normal practice before leaving. I was worried. She did very well. I am sure she was not as daring as she would have been if she had not just come off the injury, but she still had a great time and was able to work on some new (and old) things.

I would think he will be fine - they have gymnasts of all levels so even if he is not back to everything I am sure they will work with him. What week is he going? My DS is going week of July 21. Went last year and LOVED it!

No advice to offer, but I am glad to hear that he's continuing to heal well! I hope he has a great time at camp.

2 weeks is fine. If his forearms or wrists start aching, make him up a sand bucket. Beans or rice works as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back