Parents IGC (International Gymnastics Camp)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

fourthlinemom

Proud Parent
My daughter is fairly new to competitive gymnastics and is very eager to attend a gymnastics camp. I have heard that while the focus is not on learning new skills, is there development in their skills that does happen? I have read the posts from last year about IGC but was curious if anyone who's child has gone and felt their gymnast came away each year not only still loving gymnastics but stronger in their skills as well. And most of all, did they have fun and want to go back?

Thank you!

My daughter is fairly new to competitive gymnastics and is very eager to attend a gymnastics camp. I have heard that while the focus is not on learning new skills, is there development in their skills that does happen? I have read the posts from last year about IGC but was curious if anyone who's child has gone and felt their gymnast came away each year not only still loving gymnastics but stronger in their skills as well. And most of all, did they have fun and want to go back?

Thank you!
As a gymnast, its a amazing experience, last year i went week 4 for the first time and it was such a good environment, my friend went there hating gymnastics, and came out of the camp and found her love for the sport again, this year im going week 4 and week 9, I highly recommend!!

Hello!
My daughter is an Xcel Silver who competed level 3 last year. She has always loved gymnastics but was getting discouraged because she wasn’t doing as well or progressing as quickly as the kids around her. She asked if she could do IGC last year to our surprise, as we thought she was done with gymnastics. IGC changed her.
She came home from her week at IGC with more excitement, confidence, and motivation than I’d ever seen. The coaches took the skills she had and showed her how to perfect them and use them as she progresses (though they do not with toward new skills in these one week sessions, for good reason). She was proud of where she was at and how much stronger of a gymnasts she left as. She glowed about the coaches, staff, counselors, and even her fellow gymnasts. She even begged us to add an extra week to go back last summer… so we signed her up for the last one of the year.

This year she’ll be back for two consecutive weeks plus the half week at the end of the summer. She can’t wait to go back and I can’t wait to see her confidence and motivation soar again.

IGC is kind of magical. It offers not only high quality facilities and coaching, but also a wide psychological safety net. Gymnasts are encouraged to take full control over their gymnastics journey, which is very inspiring to young gymnasts who are not used to having agency over their training. IGC allows gymnasts to experiment, dream big, and have fun. Gymnasts are not burdened by home team social dynamics and politics. Sometimes stepping away from the usual grind and leaving emotional baggage at home can be extremely liberating. Once an athletes is out of the fog, it’s much easier to just do gymnastics. As a result, many gymnasts report making a lot of progress at IGC and falling back in love with the sport of gymnastics.

Hello!
My daughter is an Xcel Silver who competed level 3 last year. She has always loved gymnastics but was getting discouraged because she wasn’t doing as well or progressing as quickly as the kids around her. She asked if she could do IGC last year to our surprise, as we thought she was done with gymnastics. IGC changed her.
She came home from her week at IGC with more excitement, confidence, and motivation than I’d ever seen. The coaches took the skills she had and showed her how to perfect them and use them as she progresses (though they do not with toward new skills in these one week sessions, for good reason). She was proud of where she was at and how much stronger of a gymnasts she left as. She glowed about the coaches, staff, counselors, and even her fellow gymnasts. She even begged us to add an extra week to go back last summer… so we signed her up for the last one of the year.

This year she’ll be back for two consecutive weeks plus the half week at the end of the summer. She can’t wait to go back and I can’t wait to see her confidence and motivation soar again.
We are sending 2 girls to camp for the first time week 1. Do you know how we can find others on the same week? We are looking for families that want to share a private limo service from the airport.

We are sending 2 girls to camp for the first time week 1. Do you know how we can find others on the same week? We are looking for families that want to share a private limo service from the airport.
That is a great idea! I honestly don’t know. Maybe there is a Facebook group? Beyond that, I would suggest emailing the camp. They are incredibly sweet and very responsive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back