Its that time...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gracefulclutz

It's that time again before the moving up on levels and the new competition season. I am trying to move up in L5 but can't seem to get allmy skills and I have lost some key skills also. So does anyone have any advice for moving up fast? Or is being L4 a second year fun. I am old for my level
most girls on my team are 7-10. I'm the type of person that can take forever to get a skill then suddenly everything clicks and falls into place, but sometimes not soon enough. I hope if I stay back in level 4 that I will move up in the middle of the competition season and be with my team. I don't know if I could make it without them. I guess I just need some advice and encouragement. I'm a little down.

here's my advice, I think that if you work very very hard and spend an extra hour or two in the gym, you may be able to move up to L5. however, if your not ready to move up, your not ready, it will be much more rewarding to be able to execute skills in L4, then struggle and struggle with skills in L5. if you need more work in L4, you need more work. don't worry!! this sport is for the fun, the pure passion, and all the amazing things you can learn from it!! so go out there and perform your best!!!:D and, your friends will be your friends no matter what team you're on. have a great week, and good luck! you'll do amazing!!:D

I'm in a similar situation, my gym wants most girls to do two years of level 4, but i want to move up to level 5. I'm not sure if i'm ready, I've only done two meets so maybe i'll stay in level 4 next year. but i guess i would rather be able to compete and get good results, rather than just scraping by in level 5!

Worse case, you do more of level four,and you have some nice solid skills to take with you when you do get moved up to level 5! I don't know what your gym has, but they may have a second year level four team(though obviously its the same team, but you guys would be a different level of level four, make sense?), so that way not only will you be solidifying your level 4 skills, but you will also be working on uptraining, depending of course on your coaches. Good luck, and just have fun!!

Thats like me i had alot of time off to injurys and so did level 4 again as was not ready to do 5, but all of a sudden everything was great i won my first 3 comps but my coach wanted me to stay in 4 untill end of the year. I was upset as i wanted to be with girls my age but it turned out the girls in my group are the nicest most supportive and loving girls you will ever meet and we make a very good team
p.s. dont worry about what people think of you as i did too much and thought no one at gym would like me as i stayed in the level but then i relized they dont care :)
Good luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back