It's the end of a 3 1/2 year Journey...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wanted to tell you all that Dani will be stopping gymnastics at the end of this month (Saturday is her last practice). We have put a tremendous amount of thought and consideration into this and kind of knew the end was nearing soon. We have just decided that with all her dance classes, school workload (7th grade) and weekend dance rehearsals, fitting team gymnastics in was just too much. Weekends would be crazy busy, and I wasn't really looking forward to spreading myself that thin trying to juggle everything with transportation, not to mention Dani being worn out.

Dani is a bit sad but she realizes that this decision had to be made and she is very excited about the dance opportunities headed her way. Her gym coach that she has known since she started with pre-team at age 9 is also leaving the gym due to a family move so that did play into our decision a little as well. My ds is getting older (almost 10) and is interested in basketball so I need to make time for his activities also.

I will definitely still be around (I am still a huge gymnastics fan even though my dd isn't participating anymore). I love hearing about all the gymmies' progress and hearing about other day to day stuff we all go through.

Here is a video I put together a few days ago of Dani's time in the sport:

[video=youtube;oP657rFtXDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP657rFtXDU[/video]

Congrats to Dani for everything she has accomplished in the gym!:) Good luck to her in dance- I hope you will still share how she's doing from time to time.

It'll take a little adjusting, but it sounds like she made the right decision. Congrats to her for all she's achieved in the gym over these years! Good luck to her in dance, she's very talented, and a beautiful dancer! I do hope you stay around the CB, it's nice to have you here. :)

Aw. While it's always sad to hear that one of "our girls" is leaving the sport, I know that Dani is going to be very happy continuing with dance, basketball...and who knows what else? I know you'll stick around...I hope!

Thanks lhmom, gymnastbeth and madigym00 :). I will still be around and will now just have to live vicariously through all you guys!!!

I'm going to miss you and the gym video's of Dani. ;) I hope you will continue to post her dance video's. She really is a beautiful girl with such a fantastic smile. ;)

:( I'm always sad when the gymnastics journey ends. I know that gymnastics is just a bridge to the rest of their lives, but I'm always sad when the decision is made. Best of luck to you both - I'm sure she'll really blossom in the dance area!

I too am sad when the gymnastics journey ends for anyone, but it sounds like Dani really thought this decision through, you must be so proud of her maturity :). It's so great that she had the chance to experience dance and slowly make the transition from gymnastics, really knowing for sure that she has something else she's passionate about to delve right into. It sounds like she's an exceptional dancer (and it appears that way through her videos as well) and I'm sure she will find much success in this new adventure. Please keep us updated on her progress and keep posting those videos!

what a great video that I am sure she will cherish when she is older. I too will miss her videos & meet repoerts but look forward to some dance reports

Oh Kathy, I'm so sad Dani's done with gym but so happy she's doing something she loves soooo much AND is absolutely amazing at!!! From all your posts and getting to know you I can tell gymnastics gave Dani sooo much, she's strong, resilient, graceful, determined (beautiful but i don't think thats bc of gym lol!) That's way better than some ribbons or numbered scores IMO. And she'll have it her whoooolle life to help her succeed!I love the youtube and you better stay active here or I will harass you on facebook, promise!! Also if Dani ever wants to talk to my little sister who's a studio company dancer my sister would be happy to!

:giant hug:

Oh Kathy, I'm so sad Dani's done with gym but so happy she's doing something she loves soooo much AND is absolutely amazing at!!! From all your posts and getting to know you I can tell gymnastics gave Dani sooo much, she's strong, resilient, graceful, determined (beautiful but i don't think thats bc of gym lol!) That's way better than some ribbons or numbered scores IMO. And she'll have it her whoooolle life to help her succeed!I love the youtube and you better stay active here or I will harass you on facebook, promise!! Also if Dani ever wants to talk to my little sister who's a studio company dancer my sister would be happy to!

:giant hug:

Thank you so much Bri!!!! It's so hard when you invest so much time and energy into an activity--it starts to become part of you. But you are so right in that gymnastics is such a great foundation that anyone that is lucky enough to participate is so much better from it in the end :). I will definitely still be around--I told Dani that she can still go to the open gyms every month to play around and try and keep up her skills if she wants.

Thanks for the offer to have Dani talk to your sis--I bet she has tons of advice and lots of fun and cool stories :). We will definitely keep in touch on FB :).

Please continue to be a member of this board and share Dani's ballet success with us. She's beautiful dancer and I look forward to watching her performances.

LOVE the video - a true keepsake

I love the video. It's really amazing to see how much confidence and poise she gained between that first season and the last.

It seems like she finished--got to a place where she is happy with what she has accomplished (as she should be!) and is leaving the sport as a friend of it. It's sad when a kid quits, but if they finished, got what they needed out of it & can look back on gymnastics with fondness, then I try to celebrate that.

I'm glad you'll still be around, & hope you post on Dani's adventures in dance. She is a lovely ballerina.

Loved the video. It is amazing to see how she has progressed over the years. both gymnasticaly and in confidence. I wish you and her all the best in this adjustment time. it will take some time to get used to, but in the end it will work out. I hope she continues to persue dance, as she is very talented in it. PLEASE stick around! Even though Dani isnt in gym anymore you have tons of useful info for all the newbes on here. Make sure to give lost of updates on her dance. :D

sorry to hear the gymnastics had to give in the end but her life was getting just so busy! That video is so lovely. She made such a lot of progress in such a short time when you look back and I love her last floor routine. So elegant, you can see how balletic she is. Good luck with the dance I am sure it will be just as exciting!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back