Parents Jealous parents....advice please?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks everyone for the advice. I know in my heart of hearts that the underlying issue is my saying I cannot take her DD to gym - even though she never directly asked me to....just hinted. At 9 they're still too young to be left alone unsupervised and I had felt pressurised into making such a big commitment (amounting to 12 hours a week inc driving time). I've never had a babysitter before and was really looking forward to hitting the gym for the first time in 9 years (and maybe looking a bit better in my LBD by Xmas). My DD aims to go for the elite path (which would drastically increase the hours) and I was worried that their paths would diverge and then I'd feel obliged to keep taking her (because her mum doesn't drive).
Her DD told my DD yesterday that she has signed up for rec classes elsewhere - which is good news I hope. I'm going to give it a week or two to see how things develop. If the behaviour continues I will raise it with her gently, not least because I am not prepared to let her undermine my DD's confidence.

You can only control your actions and reactions. This mom if she wanted a ride should have come out and asked directly. You have every right to go to the gym or what ever you want and are not responsible in any way to provide her transportation. If she really wanted her DD to do gymnastics she would do what ever she had to in order to make it happen.

Stop worrying about this fair weather friend and focus on your family and daughter. Seriously if she did what you say to my daughter she would never be allowed to visit there without me being there too. As your DD advances in gymnastics she too will not have the time for the visits either. the higher you get the more your friends are gym friends.

You said DD is only 9. Not a big deal friend wise she will have tons of other friends before she is 12. So take a deep breath, fill the tub and have a nice hot bubble bath and a glass of wine. relax and let this gal worry about her kid and you can focus on your precious DD.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back