Know it all mom's

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tennesseesunshine

So there is 2 moms at my gym that think they know everything. Their kids have been taking gymnastics for 2 years. I was sitting on the bench watching my daughter, minding my own business and one mom said "so do you plan on your daugher competing in the Fall." I said.... I hope so, they're going to move girls up after the next rec. meet and my dd knows all her level 3 skills. The one mom said "that's not enough" Then the second mom stepped over and started giving her thoughts, as if I even ask the 2 of them in the first place. She added "it depends on how good they do the skills, the coaches can tell when a child will be good or not...... If they're not team material they will leave them on rec team. I just thought the whole conversations was a bit rude. They acted like I had no right thinking my dd could possible be moved up. I told them if every child on the team has perfect technic......why are ya'll here. Save some money and just show up at the meet to get your 10.0.

There are moms like this at every gym, including ours. It just comes with the territory and the sport (lots of sports). Your best bet is to stay away from them and don't allow it to get to you. It's easier said than done, but I have found it best to draw a boundary and stick to it. I am polite and say hello, but I do not allow them to pull me into conversations comparing my DD or any of the other girls. They are not going to change, so it is up to us to decide on how to react/respond to them and their negativity. And you know what they say opinions are like...let it roll, stay as far away as you can and keep supporting your DD's gymnastics. You guys are there for her, so that's where to keep the focus :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back