Parents Leo Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flgymmom

Proud Parent
My DD is in need of some new leos and I was thinking of buying a couple online.

If she wears a Child L now, do you think she will fit into the Adult S ??? Seems big that she would be in an Adult size... at age 10 LOL

Let me know your experience. And if you know of any good cheap sites to get leos let me know!

Thanks so much!!

if she wears a Child Large in GK, the next step up would be Adult Extra Small. If you are not against buying used leos, there are often great deals on eBay. I have bought several like-new GK leos there for under $15, including shipping.

My DD has not worn a child sized leo since age 7, so I feel your pain :p.

Also, some leo companies offer "grab bag" leos...Snowflake is one. You don't know what you're getting, but they're less than $20 and you can specify material/style if you have a preference.

Adult XS would be the next size. That being said - a child can fit into the same leotard for years and years because they are so stretchy. I have found with my dd that a child large fits great with no shorts. an AXS is a bit gappy and she has to wear shorts with it. Is she outgrowing the large? Or does she just need some new ones because they are worn out. Something to think about.

My DD has been in a CL for a couple of years now. At first they were loose, now they are more fitted. I bought her an Ozone leo for christmas and bit the bullet and went up to an AXS. Her ozone CL is snug so I think it will be fine.

I still find it ridiculous that a 50 pound 9 year old could be considered adult anything!

Adult XS would be the next size. That being said - a child can fit into the same leotard for years and years because they are so stretchy. I have found with my dd that a child large fits great with no shorts. an AXS is a bit gappy and she has to wear shorts with it. Is she outgrowing the large? Or does she just need some new ones because they are worn out. Something to think about.

Both... they are getting very tight and also they are getting worn out.

I will check out that Adult XS.

I think my daughter started wearing an AXS around age 10. Now, if I had to buy her a GK leo sight unseen, I would probably order her an adult medium, though, like you, I find myself thinking, "A medium-sized adult is not 5 feet nothing and under 95 pounds!" She has leos that she wears that range from AXS up through AM. I've found that GK sizes can vary A LOT. If you ever go to a meet that has GK leos for sale, look at a few on the rack within the same size and you'll see a lot of variation. That makes me nervous about ordering them online. I did order her one of the GK Cirque leos this summer (off the Discount Leotards website... they can get you any leo you want at a discount with cheaper shipping and easier returns than the GK website) and the AS was too short and I had to return it and get the AM.

I like Melody Leotards. Good prices, and she can design her own. And super-easy returns if what you order doesn't fit. If you are looking for a Christmas gift, I have even created my own "gift certificate" to give to my daughter... cut and paste a picture off the Melody website, write "this certificate good for one leo of your own design on Melody Leotards" and then let her pick the design and fabrics and then you go ahead and order what she wants.

Be aware in destira the next size up is jr. Buy that one. My daughter can still wear destira jr. And destira xs. In other brands she is as or am.

Just to throw one more choice out there - look on Etsy.com. There are a couple of leotard makers on there who use your child's actual measurements.

Just to throw one more choice out there - look on Etsy.com. There are a couple of leotard makers on there who use your child's actual measurements.
Love Etsy! I've never bought a leo off the site, but just about everything else. I love that I'm supporting individual artists and craftspeople and you can find just about anything you could possibly need on there. My DD wanted a new leash for her bearded dragon for Christmas, and yes, there are several people selling them on Etsy. The one she's getting has a zebra-striped harness and a hot pink leash! What did we do before the internet???

My favorite is Lucy Lu Dancewear. She has a "design your own" where you pick the fabric(s) and she will custom make. I've even sent one back for alterations and she was great.

I just ordered a leo for my dd from jillybeans and it was only $20. She loves it and it seems to be a good quality

Measure your DD's torso before ordering. By weight alone, DD would wear a CL maybe, but she needs an AXS for her torso length.

My OG is now age 12 ... she wears an AM in GK and Snowflake (and is moving up to it in Alpha Factor too)... of course, if the leo is velvet or nylon, she CAN still SQUEEZE into a CL, but HAS to wear shorts with it. She also still has several AS that she wears.
YG turned 9 at the end of October. She wears an AXS in GK and Snowflake... in AF, she can wear a CL or AXS.
Both girls have long torsos... so they were in Adult sizes young. If OG gets too much taller, she will have to move up to an AL (yikes... and she only wears a size 0 in jeans - size 1 is too loose on the waist).
I recommend Snowflake leotards (love the grab bag... they say that AXS is unavailable on the website, but if you call, they still have some - just got both girls new ones as presents for Qualifying for Nationals).
I also like GymDigs... you can pick your own colors... and if she is between sizes, for an extra $5, you can have a custom size made.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back