Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

..she dreamt she was at the Olympic trials. She had saluted the judges and was preparing to mount the beam. She was poised and totally confident she was going to make this routine her best ever. Qualifying for the Olympics is everything. Suddenly, the stadium was filled with the sound her cellphone makes when it receives a text message. It was loud. Almost like an alarm... and it wasn't stopping! Jenny looked at the judges to see what to do - but the seats were empty. They had disappeared... She frantically looked up towards the audience. What?! The entire stadium was empty.... it was dark, she was alone...

Jenny scrambled to get out of the building, but there was something blocking the doors. Using all her might, she tried to push them open, she pounded her fists against them. But they stayed locked tight. All of a sudden the ringing stopped and she was instantly surrounded by complete silence in the dark gym. She felt empty and alone and terrified. Where was everyone? Jenny noticed a tear rolling down her cheek. She had begun to cry. As her sobs echoed from the walls, she started to scream in fear and frustration....

Jenny awoke in shock - she really had been screaming, in the dream and in real life. She took a few deep breaths and tried to calm down. The clock read 2am, just 5 more hours until training...

Last edited:
Jenny tried forgetting about the dream and fell back asleep. Next thing you know her alarm clock goes off and Jenny's feeling tired but she knows she has to get up...

she felt like she was tied to the bed she was so out of energy she couldnt move she knows that she has practice and that she has to go and get up but she just couldnt move

Finally her mother awoke and rushed into her room and pulled Jenny out of her bed knowing she couldn't be late again. Jenny quickly got ready and hopped in the car, trying to shake off the dream and her tiredness. When she got the gym...

she realized that there were no cars parked in the parking lot. So, she looked towards the doors, and saw a big piece of paper on the door that read...

"The gym has been closed indefinitely, Gymnasts will be notified when training recommences, kind regards Kerri" Kerri was the person in charge of administration and paperwork. Jenny stood there confused and a little scared but just as she was about to leave a car shows up it was Taylor, Taylor jumped out of the car and ran over to Jenny's car and Jenny immediately said "What happened why did the gym close?!?!" A tear ran down Jenny's face. "Didn't you get the message, Coach is down at the police station, it looks as if he is in for some serious charges if he comes out guilty" replied Taylor.

"Wh-what?!" Jenny managed to ask, through her tears.

Taylor gave her a hug. "Come to my house Jen. Megan's there and so are a couple others from the team," Taylor said, wrapping her arm around Jenny's shoulders and gently guiding her to the car. "My mom is his lawyer, so she will know what happens as it happens."

Jenny told her mom she was going to Taylor's, and watched as her own car drove out of the parking lot, on its way home. She slowly sat herself down in Taylor's dad's car and put her seatbelt on as they drove off. She was more than a little confused. What could possibly have happened to coach Liukin that could result in serious charges from the police?

Last edited:
as Jenny rode to Taylor's house she thought about what would happen ifthe gym closed for good. After all ofher hard work with Coach Luikin, how could she possible change gyms? even if she could find a different gym to go to what about the national team? all of Jenny's hopes and dream s were crumbling like a sand castle washedover by the tide.

the next few hours were a blur,....

Taylor and Jenny arrived back at Taylor's and were greeted by a couple other teammates. The girls tossed a chick flick in the dvd player and grabbed some trail mix to snack on. Jenny was still very curious about what was happening, thinking the other girls were in the dark as well she innocently asked "So what do you think could possibly be going on with Coach?" No sooner had Jenny asked the question and the phone rang it was Taylor's mom she was on her way home...

The girls asked what had happend to there coach.

Taylors mom said she would explain when she got home but the gym would be closed for months if not forever

The girls panicked. What has happened to their coach? How are they going to train? Is this it? is gymnastics over? these were just a few questions which ran through their minds. About ten minutes later the door burst open and all the gymnasts suffocated Taylor's mum with questions but she refused to answer any of them until they calmed down and when they did she said ".....

Luckily the Selection Committee is aware of what is happening and is allowing your girls to train at a gym of your choice and some of the members from the committee will be your coach temporarily. And as for Coach Liukin, he...

"... isn't in any trouble, but the gym was severly vandalized last night and he walked in on the vandalists and was knocked unconscious. When the police came they thought he was one of the vandalists so that's why he was facing charges until he cleared himself. He's at the police station answering questions now but he has a moderate concussion so he can't coach for several weeks. Almost all of the gym equipment was damaged so you can't train at WOGA now."

(come on, Valeri Liukin, one of the most respected coaches in America, commiting a serious crime? I just couldn't picture it. :))

The girls were relieved their coach was not in trouble, since the girls were not able to practice they decided to go get Coach Liukin a funny card something to lift his spirits and let him know his gymnasts were thinking of him.

Jenny was nervous about training at a new gym, she was just starting to feel comfortable with her new teammates and was not quite ready to be the new kid on the block again.

The girls agreed they needed to stick together now more than ever…but they still felt uneasy about training at another gym…

They settled on a gym about 20 minutes away from WOGA, it was not as reputable as WOGA but it would have to do for the next few weeks at least. Hopefully Coach Liukin would recover quickly and would be able to coach them while the gym was being repaired.

That saturday the girls all showed up at the new gym ready to train. They walk in the door together and...

thought well a gym doesnt make us great how well we train decides that so they knew it had to be a regular practice

As the girls walked in the new gym, the head coach walked over and welcomed them. The girls were introduced to all the gymnasts at the gym, and of course, by now, everybody was aware of the vandelism situation.

Jenny mentally assesed the new gym. It wasn't actually half bad. Most of the area wasn't crowded at all, and there was lots of equipment. However, there was one major thing that Jenny and her team mates immediatly realised....

the atmosphere within this gym was very relaxed... much more so than at WOGA. None of the gymnasts were working - they were all playing around... Jenny thought it might be a little TOO relaxed, too social, difficult to focus and work hard in. She knew she needed some serious practise time to get her skills ready for the committee, and began to worry that she wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the laughter and chatter going on.

Not to mention a soundsystem was blaring pop music throughout the gym, and several gymnasts were lazing around on the floor, talking together like they were sunbathing at a beach.

Jenny began to stress, but tried to reassure herself that things would be ok. She followed her teammates as they shoved their stuff into the several un-claimed lockers and walked onto the floor to warm-up.....

when Coach Luikin walked out onto the floor.
Jenny said "I thought you couldn't coach?"
He replied "You're right, I can't coach, but you girls need to be ready for the camp in a week, and I came here to watch you train. This way I know that you will all be training your hardest, no slacking off. I can't spot you, but I will be on the floor with you, the doctor didn't say that I couldn't correct you. I will guide you, and get these coaches to spot the drills I want you to do. The selection commity has agreed to let you stay at Karoly's ranch until our gym is ready again, you will be with the rest of the national team for one week, and then by yourselves. I will come and stay with you throughout this time. So you will only be here for one week. Now enough with the chit chat go get started on warm up. Oh ya, and when practice in finished you girls better get started on your packing."

***Side Note***

I just wanted to say that this story is getting SOOO GOOD!!! I am really impressed with everyone's originality and creativity with how this story is going!! Thanks so much for everyone who has taken the time so far to contribute and read this thread!!! Let's hopefully keep this going for as long as we can. I would like to eventually tie all this together and post here in one continuous uninterrupted thread so that it reads like a book--if possible.

Great job guys!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back