WAG Level 7 bar routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sleeplessinnewyork

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hi everyone! This is my first post in chalkbucket!:p Ok, so I am a level 7 gymnast, first year. I got invited to do some level 7 at the end of last year ( last month of season), but I got very sick and performed poorly at states, so that didn't work out. So, I need to think about my bar routine for level 7. Bars is my favorite, and best, event. I really don't want to brag, but i got first on bars at all but 2 meets ( out of 10 meets), so i'm pretty good at it. My coach doesn't want me to do one of the "classic" level 7 routines. (level 6 lowbar, giants or freehip on highbar). A few of my skills: kip ALMOST cast handstand, freehip hs with shadow spot( a little scared to go for it), kip freehip horizontal on high bar, giant, layout flyaway, toe circle, kip to stoop, back uprise , a few more things. I was thinking of this as a potential routine: kip cast freehip hs, kip some sort of jump to hb, (our coach is training some sort of release?) back uprise freehip horizontal kip cast giant giant flyaway. what do you think? I think that if I trained this I really could do it. If anyone can give me personal experience on level 7 bars, it would be great. What would judges think of this routine? Thank You SO much . :) P.S sorry its so long.

I've had girls who couldn't cast very well compete an uprise-clear hip-immediate flyaway. I say do whatever is cleanest and will score the best. You can always work other combinations in practice for level 8 or just endurance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back