Level 8 or Level 9

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My aren't we grumpy - did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed. This is the 2nd reply that I have read from you that is so "bah humbug!"

I so glad that you are here to put us all in our place - thanks coach!

geesh...are you the same dad from that blind change thread? it's not your place to strategize. that would be the coach's job. and if the coach doesn't know, find a new coach so you stop thinking so much.

and who cares what the judges are thinking? that's not their job either.

and the rest of you...this is gymnastics. it's the hardest sport your children will ever do. so, stop obsessing over the above posts, when ostensibly these issues are there for the remainder of their careers. it's a process. and it NEVER gets easier as they get older. only HARDER. and at level 10 nationals...not every single gymnast has a 10.0 start value. so stop talking about what they need and what their start values are. it's a waste of bytes.

actually, didn't go to bed until just a couple of hours ago. was up standing watch as my senior in high school son finished a term paper. didn't help him, didn't do it for him, just provided that moral support that i wasn't going to bed until he finished.

so, grumpy no. edgey yes. me putting someone in there place is a bit overeaching. i enjoy all of you quite a bit. but some of this stuff is a bit overmanaged. it's the kid's sport. let them figure these things out with their coaches. and more often than not, you won't be able to 'fix' whatever is wrong with dd's or ds's gymnastics.

remember, the coach spends alot of time figuring things out for/with your athlete. every child is different. there is seldom 1 approach due to the randomness in abilities in how how each individual child learns.

so, most of your posts are innocent. but some appear to me that the parent might be a little to overinvolved. that can lead to disaster for the child just as easy as having a toxic coach. and if the child has both? they'll be off to soccer. and if you noticed in the other thread, i spoke up about that person also.

p.s. see? i am a dad also. not just a coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having knowledge of what my child does is not being over-the-top, it's just what it is being knowledgeable. I have absolutely no say in what my dd does in the gym, I know my place BUT there is nothing wrong with knowing a SV, skill value or such and if my dd were to get a lower score I'd know the reasoning behind it. That's why so many of us talk here because I would never approach a coach and I am not going to be having this conversation with my child.

And just for the record, there are many over-the-top soccer parents too (my dh coaches a U-14 girls team (dd used to play on), a select team and is on the board for our local travel league - there are some real whackos out there). They have infested every sport, so honestly you can't escape them no matter what sport you'd run to.

In my opinion, if I ever saw a parent trying to tell any coach what to do & the coach actually listened - I'd run far from that gym. That's why I pay them the big bucks!

Can you please go get some sleep now cause your posts usually aren't harsh and I'm sure some sleep would get you back to normal! ;) Sleep tight!

actually, didn't go to bed until just a couple of hours ago. was up standing watch as my senior in high school son finished a term paper. didn't help him, didn't do it for him, just provided that moral support that i wasn't going to bed until he finished.

so, grumpy no. edgey yes. me putting someone in there place is a bit overeaching. i enjoy all of you quite a bit. but some of this stuff is a bit overmanaged. it's the kid's sport. let them figure these things out with their coaches. and more often than not, you won't be able to 'fix' whatever is wrong with dd's or ds's gymnastics.

remember, the coach spends alot of time figuring things out for/with your athlete. every child is different. there is seldom 1 approach due to the randomness in abilities in how how each individual child learns.

so, most of your posts are innocent. but some appear to me that the parent might be a little to overinvolved. that can lead to disaster for the child just as easy as having a toxic coach. and if the child has both? they'll be off to soccer. and if you noticed in the other thread, i spoke up about that person also.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back