Lucky Leos "spinoff"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
From the "how many leos thread" I thought I would ask.....how many of you or your gymmies have a "lucky" leo? What has made it so lucky and if you have a pic even better!!! Here is Alex's lucky leo.
$(KGrHqUOKiEE4pLlyoiBBOPyi!Bb+!~~0_12.JPG

It is so lucky because she passed her kip test in it and also got her flyaway and BHS on beam while wearing it!! This one is a keeper for sure!!!

My lucky leo is the one I got my kip in. :) It's blue and sparkly with flowers on it from Snowflake, but they must have discontinued it because I can't find it on their website anymore.

My lucky leo is the purple Peace Out leo from Snowflake. I also have a stand in- a plain black mysique-ish leo from Snowflake and Groovy Peace sign shorts also from Snowflake. Obviously, I have a thing for Snowflake & peace signs :)

Peace Out leo- This one's lucky since I got at least 60% of my skills, a move-up and we got 19 new (new to us anyways- it was used in the *gasps* Canada Games! *gasps again*) pieces of equipmwnt the day I wore it!

Black leo and peace shorts: I'm convinced only when combined can the shorts & leo be magical, and this one's magic because I finally did a RO-BHS-BT without bailing and my favourite coach's boyfriend asked her to marry her after our practice one day (the very same practiced when she complained to us that she thought he'd never ask!) while as wearing the leo. Probably a bunch else but really can't recall anything right now!

I have favorites and have varying lucky ones. I like this one that has a spin design on it that was a gift, one of my first "adult" leos coming back into gymnastics. funny enough I got my back full wearing it. I also have a red white and blue one that i tend to do well it when I wear it. I also have unlucky leos, the ones I got hurt in :-( the worst is a flower print one that I was wearing when I did my 2oth or so double back in went to show my coach (too tired) and fell on my head breaking my tooth.

I have had many lucky leos, such as tryout at a new gym and love it leo, got my giants leo, got my full on floor leo, and flipped my first tsuk leo, but at the same time I've had so many unlucky leos! The miss my hands bhs on beam land smash my head leo, tore a ligament leo, hyper-extend my knees leo, and alot more haha. I have a tough decision everyday when getting ready for practice if I'm willing to take on the unlucky leotard that day or go with lucky leotards!

My lucky leo is just my most comfortable one. LOL. Since it's so comfy, I feel good in it, and I just tend to do well when I where it.

DD had a lucky leo, but it doesn't fit her anymore. It's the one she got her kip trophy in. She wore that thing until it didn't fit anymore. I don't have a picture of it, but it was a lime green velour Alpha Factor leo that had a section of white around the top with polka dots. It was an old one that I bought off Ebay, so maybe it's was somebody else's lucky leo before hers. :D

...And my lucky leo pulls it off again! Tonight I wore my super-comfy/ lucky leo, and I finally got consistent Front layout stepouts on beam! I didn't fall on a single one. Oh boy, I just love this leo. :) Haha

I don't know if my DD has a "lucky" leo, but I know how she feels about a couple of them.

She had a particularly fun meet last season and got a leo with the meet logo on it. Even though the organizers got almost everyone's sizes wrong (most of the leos were too small!), all the girls that could get them on wore them to the next workout - my DD included. This was six months ago; the leo was small then and she's grown since, but she won't get rid of it. It's too special!

Then there's another one she has that is very similar in style/color to our local high school's gymnastics team leos. She loves that one because it makes her feel like one of them (even though she won't be in high school for a long time).

She got one at IGC last week. I assume that's going to be another favorite too.

My daughter's lucky leo is a dark red GK leo with rhinestones around the neckline. She just got her kip in it a couple weeks ago and now when I ask her what leo she wants to wear she'll say "the one I got my kip in"! LOL!

My DD doesn't have a lucky leo yet, but did just inform me that fancier leos make you do better tricks. I'm in so much trouble :)

This just reminded me of when dd was little. She didn't have a lucky leo, but she would tell me she had to wear certain leo's each day because they gave her power. It was so cute.

Ok DD's lucky leo is a shocking green animal print with black seams up the sides and around the neck. Still haven't figured out how to get the photos here sorry.

Now don't tell DD but as she looks for it every week she won't find it. I had to throw it out as it lost its elasticity and was so worn out that the fabric in places felt like gauze. Hopefully one of the other leos she has will become her new lucky leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back