Make It Or Break It inspired my daughter!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

I decided to check out this series last night. Not for me but to each her own. I sent Bella out of the room since it quickly proved to not be for her age group. But she came back through during one scene and now has a new goal.....

She wants to learn how to do flares. :rolleyes:

I found her this morning in the hall way trying to do them. She looked like a four-legged spider. I explained to her that the reason she had never seen them before is because they are a male skill and they don't train boys at her gym.

Yeah, she didn't care. She still thinks she can figure it out. LOL

WOW!!! Who is she?? I love her style on beam. She just attacks it! And yeah, the flares are impressive as hell! I'd better not show Bella this though. She'll spend her time trying to learn flares rather than her split leap.

That's Peng-Peng Lee, from Canada. I love how she goes all out on beam, too.

It is too bad that Make It or Break It has made itself too mature for the young kids. My daughter and I started watching it when it first came out and she was 6. It was not long before I had to start muting or having my daughter out of the room. And, then they go and have a gymnast get pregnant and have discussions about terminating a pregnancy. It's really too bad they chose this route. If they needed an actress off the show there are so many better ways.

or just make her get hurt, or suspended, something other than majing her pregnant. it sort of ruined this season for me

The pregnacy annoyed me greatly because gymnastics is a sport where that really doesnt happen, but the whole atmosphere of the gym and disobeying your coaches is appaling in my eyes. It is extremely unrealistic as well, but yet i watch it anyways :D

You have to remember that it's the reel world not the real world and a TV show has to appeal to the masses in order to survive. Make it or Break it has a TV-14 rating and lets be honest, without the soap opera aspect it wouldn't attract as many viewers and would actually be pretty boring long term. It's a TV drama for the older teen and up crowd and frankly it's helped open up a couple of valuable discussions between my almost 14 year old former gymnast dd and myself. To me it is a family show because I can watch it with my older dd and we both can be entertained and maybe if it's still around in a couple of years my just turned 12 year old gymnast dd may start watching the show.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back