Make it or Break it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dancesterx3

I am sure there's a thread for this already and if there is, point me to the way. But I was wondering what some real gymnasts think of the show and how it depicts Elite gymnastics.

my opinon is it is starting to see the real side of gymnasts.ex. igh school,dating,and not having lots of time. but it is not up to standard of real elite gymnastics.that was my main problem with the show in the first season.it is getting better though .i cant wait to see wat hapens next week,and if payson mom is going to tell her she can go back to gym!!

I have a love/hate relationship with this show.

I love that finally gymnastics is getting the attention it deserves, and I hope that it brings inspiration to my daughters. Plus, I love watching the gymnastics skills on it, especially since I know that UCLA gymnasts are the stunt doubles.

I dislike the injuries they show, since I don't want my dd to get scared. The drama is a little too much, and I don't like how the gymnasts leave the gym during daylight hours. That never happens, even during the summer months.

well yeah of course time sequence isn't exactly the best but thats like on other shows when they say it's 6 am and it's sunny as if it were t he middle of the day. So yeah thats a problem a lot of shows have.

The injuries while could be fearsome for some girls, is a reality, injuries are a part the sport, they're a part of every sport, but the reality of what happened to Payson is something older gymnasts should be aware of and something parents should discuss with their gymnasts, but never discourage them or scare them. I can't tell you the amount of injuries I went through. Luckily nothing as extreme as Payson. Though, I tooo am excited to see what'll happen with Payson's mom. I think she won't tell her cause Payson's finally coming to terms with her life. But I think that'd be wrong, Ii think she should tell Payson and let her make the choice which is probably how it will end up. I am just personally tired of ABCFamily's obsession with the assumption that Teens are only concerned with dating and sex. Especially in the gymnastics world, with such a busy schedule they wouldn't even have time to think about Boys, ya know? I didn't start getting serious about dating until I was out of the Elite world, before then, I barely had time to think about boys with concentrating on training and schooling. And I'm surprised Emily can even have a job, I know the Rock isn't aware of this, but the fact that she actually has time to work is just, I don't know unrealistic to me. If they're on the road to the olympics, they would be training every free moment of the day in preparation for what other countries are going to be doing in international competitions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back