MAG Meet coming up! Anyone else?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Anyone else have one this weekend? Our entire boys' team competes this Saturday and Sunday. Should be interesting -- half of our level 5s will be competing with only the practice tonight as meet prep. They go on Sunday, but all of the coaches will be at the meet on Saturday, so they don't have practice. I think we're going to see some ugly routines, but it's a smaller meet than the last one, so maybe, just maybe, everyone will manage to get at least one medal? And at least floor should go better with everybody competing correct routines this time, LOL!

Good luck!!! OUr first big meet is next weekend. HUGE meet. In the level 6 session alone there are 80 kids. They are still only doing the 3 age groups. I can't wait to see how they do!! (there are 120 in the level 5 session!!)

Let us know how it goes!!

My DS has his 2nd L4 meet on Sunday. They also will be rusty after the holidays off!! Good luck to your little guy.

Good luck to profmom's ds and everyone else competing this weekend! We were supposed to have a competition this weekend but backed out because it was too small. A small one would have been very nice for my ds to start out with, though, since he was out for more than two months sick and has lost a lot of his skills (not to mention his confidence). I rather like a small one or two sprinkled in with the bigger meets for confidence sake!

Good luck!!! OUr first big meet is next weekend. HUGE meet. In the level 6 session alone there are 80 kids. They are still only doing the 3 age groups. I can't wait to see how they do!! (there are 120 in the level 5 session!!)

Let us know how it goes!!

Wow, that is a huge meet! I think the next one we go to (third week in Jan.) is around that size. Last year, we saw a L4 team there that practiced 20 hours a week and another one on which every single boy was hitting HS on every single Pbar swing. At least we know not to expect much this year!

Good luck to your little guy, KateR! Hope he has a great meet! Trapar, did your gym ever figure out an alternative?

WHere were you going? We used to to do Steamboat. I loved that meet! JRMO is HUGE!!!

Good luck to profmom's ds and everyone else competing this weekend! We were supposed to have a competition this weekend but backed out because it was too small. A small one would have been very nice for my ds to start out with, though, since he was out for more than two months sick and has lost a lot of his skills (not to mention his confidence). I rather like a small one or two sprinkled in with the bigger meets for confidence sake!

My DS has his first meet this Saturday. I'm guessing it'll be pretty small - it was last year. It's the only local (ie less than 1 hr away) meet so most everyone comes to watch. And he has a 4:30 check in which means it will run right through dinner. I'm getting ready to answer the many questions from my inlaws! He's hoping to hit all of his routines and most of his bonus - but we'll see... his kip went on vacation again. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to everyone! DS starts on the 12th. It's a small meet. DS is repeating level 5 so it should be interesting to see the difference from last year. He has a week off and then a huge meet on MLK day. He has never competed outside of our local area (only did 4 meets last year) so we will see how he likes the bigger venue.

Trapar, did your gym ever figure out an alternative?

Not for sure yet, but our coach has mentioned getting a judge to come in and work with the boys, rather than adding a different meet. Too many of the parents indicated that they didn't want to go out of state this year.

I have always liked that meet. Small, but a good excuse to check out the gym state will be out! LOL!

Home from our meet! My little guy met his goal of hitting 6/6 and even.... did his kip! He had his game face on the entire meet - I kinda missed his smiles from last year. He scored above 9 on everything but pbars and won 1st on every event for his age group. I'll try to get some video up soon!

Home from our meet! My little guy met his goal of hitting 9 on everything but pbars and won 1st on every event for his age group. I'll try to get some video up soon!

Sounds like a really great meet for him! I'd love to see the videos. Congrats on getting the kip in competition, I bet he was so proud!

Very exciting! Congratulations to your little guy on a great meet!!!

Good luck to everyone this season. My ds's team started this past weekend, but he didn't do the meet. He's had some setbacks and didn't feel ready. His first meet will be 1/20 and it's a small one, so it will be a good way to start.

Good luck to him, ZJ's mom! Myboysflip, that is a great outcome! So glad he met his goals!

DS's meet went well for him. I'll share the video with anyone who PMs me. His most exciting accomplishment was making his kip -- it was by no means pretty, but he was thrilled to pieces. Floor also went a lot better for all of them, especially since they did the routine right this time. I think his rings improved, though he still can't hold that back lever. Pommel went way better for him this time, as he has been working hard to try to clean up the pommel part of the routine. On vault, they all were bunched up in the 8s, largely because they refuse to run hard, LOL. And his P bars set was really good for him right up to the end, when he overbalanced his handstand. Oh well, he gets to try again in competition in two weeks!

One of the second-year L5s got sick and didn't compete the full meet, but the other one had his first real breakout meet. He won two events and came in second AA. We were all just overjoyed for him. So nice to see it all come together at one meet for a kid who has worked really hard but never been a superstar before!

Profmom - Glad to see he got to go L5 - is he competing as a 7YO? Everyone else - good luck as meet season starts! Same thing here - PM me if you want to see the video from my son's meet. He's a second year L5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back