MAG Meet Schedules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Oh, I think this season is going to be completely crazy with all the changes! We have a few guys in your son's boat, Okgymmom, who are starting the season in JD and will likely shift over to L9 later in the year to compete as 13-14 year olds after having competed last year as 11-12 year olds. One has a birthday on May 27th.

Oh, I think this season is going to be completely crazy with all the changes! We have a few guys in your son's boat, Okgymmom, who are starting the season in JD and will likely shift over to L9 later in the year to compete as 13-14 year olds after having competed last year as 11-12 year olds. One has a birthday on May 27th.

My son's best gym buddy has a May 31st birthday. :( It will be interesting to see how JD is handled by the meets. The first one I've seen make any mention of it is Windy City and it's just noted in a time slot on the tentative schedule. I guess what I'm not certain of is if all boys competing out of age (i.e. not on track for nationals) will automatically be shuffled to JD if a meet is offering that division.

Fun! My son is planning to compete as a level 8 with the hope of moving up to 9 at some point in the season (not sure if that will happen though). Due to the age change, he will lose his season as a 13 yo and have to compete this year as a 14 yo. (He started a little late so this is just his 4th competitive season.) Sounds like you all are in Region 3 as well so we'll probably see you at some of the Texas meets. We're going to WOGA and Metroplex. All the new rules and uncertainty have me simultaneously dreading and looking forward to the beginning of the season!
WOW! He's doing really well! We will be at Valeri Luikin in December.

My son's best gym buddy has a May 31st birthday. :( It will be interesting to see how JD is handled by the meets. The first one I've seen make any mention of it is Windy City and it's just noted in a time slot on the tentative schedule. I guess what I'm not certain of is if all boys competing out of age (i.e. not on track for nationals) will automatically be shuffled to JD if a meet is offering that division.
I don't think it will work that way. I think just as in the past, coaches register their athletes for the level they will compete. There are just age limits for the level they can compete. For example my boy, who will be 15yo for the season, will compete level 9. Not nationals eligible but still able to compete level 9. What he can't do is compete level 8. I think different gyms will sue JD differently, but they will choose who if any will compete that level.

We do 6 then state and regionals:
Valeri Luikin (Frisco, TX))- Dec 9-11
Galveston Island Beach Blast- Jan 7
Windy City Invite- Jan 13-15
RD761 (Ricky Deci)(Katy, TX)- Jan 20-22
San Antonio Invitational- Feb 10-12
HNI (Galveston, TX)- Feb 24-26
States (Ft. Worth)- March 17-19
Regionals (Missouri)- March 31- April 1

That's pretty much the same schedule our guys are doing! I don't think they're doing Beach Blast or Windy City, but are adding in a few other more local ones. But DS is L5, so we won't be seeing you there. Maybe next year! :)

So, since D had to switch gyms suddenly, we have different meets. Still doing Blackjack, and colorado open. Also doing Stanford. As of right now, D is not in at Stanford because it was full, but they have asked, and hopefully will have room. But we might not get to go to that one :(

So, since D had to switch gyms suddenly, we have different meets. Still doing Blackjack, and colorado open. Also doing Stanford. As of right now, D is not in at Stanford because it was full, but they have asked, and hopefully will have room. But we might not get to go to that one :(
:( It's at Moody Gardens in Galveston this year...I can't wait!

Our schedule is only tentative as there might be changes, but looks like our out of state travel meet is HNI again this year (we went there last year too) other than Regionals/Nationals. We go to Stanford every year - local for our team. So at least our travel costs won't be too high.

Yeah, ditto question - what is Moody Gardens? I've never been to Galveston. I do have friends in Houston, so got to visit with them last year so that was nice.

Stanford can be a fun meet! Level 9 & 10 are always Friday Night, last year my son did level 9, they went right before the level 10. So our paths may cross if I get there early and see the end of Level 9. Who is the third going to Stanford? I went back and looked and couldn't figure it out.

sce I think will be there. Her son, I think, is competing 9 as well.

Hope the schedule stays the same. It looks like they are trying to keep it the same. I like it because I can get back Sunday and work Monday....save those days :)

Yeah, ditto question - what is Moody Gardens? I've never been to Galveston. I do have friends in Houston, so got to visit with them last year so that was nice.

Stanford can be a fun meet! Level 9 & 10 are always Friday Night, last year my son did level 9, they went right before the level 10. So our paths may cross if I get there early and see the end of Level 9. Who is the third going to Stanford? I went back and looked and couldn't figure it out.
Moody Gardens is a big aquarium, hotel with a bunch of pools....I have been to the pool once when the boys were little and we had our art teacher convention at the hotel/convention center last year but I have never been to the other things they have there...Hopefully I'll get to check it out this year.

Ok, I looked it up and this is what it says about Moody Gardens: 242-acre amusement park with hotel & attractions including aquarium, zip line & paddlewheel boat.

Yeah..I've been to moody gardens. ARe they doing HNI there? Or what?

Yeah..I've been to moody gardens. ARe they doing HNI there? Or what?

HNI is at Moody Gardens this year, and not Super Bowl Weekend. I am guessing since the Super Bowl is also in Houston this year that some things are being shuffled around. Rodeo prep and The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo come up pretty quickly after the Super Bowl, which makes things more of a challenge I bet.

sce I think will be there. Her son, I think, is competing 9 as well.

Hope the schedule stays the same. It looks like they are trying to keep it the same. I like it because I can get back Sunday and work Monday....save those days :)

Turns out our coaches might not have registered in time. So sad, E loves the Stanford Open. But we can still get together when you all come out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back