WAG Meet two done, now what?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD just finished her 3rd meet ever. 1st 2 meets had scores like your daughter (2nd meet was 2nd in AA). Today she totally bombed it unfortunately :(

I'd at least watch her through the season and see her scores at States before thinking about approaching coach. For perspective, this weekend we competed against girls who were scoring 37s and 38s (over 50 lvl 3 girls at the meet scored above 36). And in our area its pretty common that girls have to repeat LvL3 unless they get 36 AA scores at one or more meets. So at this point I'm worried about my DD even getting out of lvl3!!

35.7 leaves LOTS of room for improvement. Girls with 37's are often repeated if they don't have the skills to move up. Some gyms might allow a girl to move up without perfect kips, many will not. You need to figure out which type of gym you're at.

She is self training on layouts and fulls at home.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP HER FROM DOING THIS!

Proper technique for twisting is very specific and very counter-intuitive -- meaning that if she tries to teach herself fulls, she will almost certainly learn them incorrectly. This will be EXTREMELY difficult to correct. It's a thousand times harder to fix bad twisting habits than it is to teach good twisting from scratch.

It's also very dangerous.

So please, please, please, do not allow her to self-teach any twisting skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back