WAG Meeting or email?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have to let my parents know our schedule for next year and about our score out meets. Would you prefer an email or meeting? It doesn't seem like enough info to call a whole meeting for but I don't want to deny anyone an opportunity to ask questions if they want. If I had a choice I would just send an email. Too impersonal?

As a parent, an email sounds just fine. If they have questions, could those be addressed over email or is that a pain for you as the coach?

I prefer emails. I have a hard time making meetings due to either my work schedule or my other kids' schedules. I also tend to lose anything put down on paper. With an email, I can always go back and reference it.

An email is good because it's easy to refer back to it. If you really want to do your due diligence, send it to a brand-new parent first and ask if everything is clear. I think it's so easy to just assume that everyone understands what you're saying, and the returning parents likely do, but I recently met a new level 3 dad at a fundraising event and he started asking me questions and it made me realize that we, as a gym, aren't doing a very good job of making sure new parents know what's going on.

As a parent I like the meeting where we can ask questions and hear others ask things I may have not thought of. BUT then I would like it to be followed up with an email so I have something to easily refer back to. :)

Our coaches always have a meeting with parents before each season to go over rules and expectations of gymnasts and parents at meets and otherwise. Almost all other communication goes through our team yahoo group/email. They do always add a line at the bottom of group emails that says to direct any questions to your child's individual coach.

I personally prefer emails. I hate group meetings because of social anxiety problems, but they are always a pain to get to also.

Email--just too much going on to make a meeting. And having been on the booster club board, I'm well aware that the people asking the questions and complaining they don't get information won't even COME to the meeting.

Email. With all the craziness involved with back to school please don't add another meeting to my plate. A follow up team meeting in October would be acceptable :)

I'm an email person too!! I like having it for future reference in case I forget something! We usually have 1 parent meeting a year and it's always before meet season to go over budget and levels and helping out at our home meet. So, much more then just the meet schedule! So, i'd say send out and email and say parents are free to email back with any questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back