Meets or Practices?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a question for all you gymnasts. Are you better under pressure (at meets) or at practices? Some girls on my team like being in practice because they get nervous and miss skills on beam or bars that they normally get. I do better under pressure though. I have had a horrible week in the gym before and then gone to a meet and not during warm up but during my actual routine made those two skills for the first time in almost three weeks! I also am very afraid of handstands on the beam and I rarely do them on the high beam at practice (I hang out on the low beam most of the time) then at meets I always do them. I was just wondering how you feel about meets/practices.

I usually do better on floor, vault, and especially bars at meets. The adrenaline helps me to make my casts to a handstand, and gives me the endurance I need to make my giants.
But beam...SO much better in practice. I get really nervous at meets, and so I start shaking. Then, I always miss the connection in my series and wobble on the easiest skills!

I do a lot better in meets!!! I like performing in front of judges and for some weird reason I do better that way! I always make my flyaway and land it on my feet, while in practice I NEVER land it EVER! It is kind of weird and I can't figure it out. Sometime I feel like I just have to do the skill because the judge is watching, while in practice I am just relaxed and take it easy.

I do alot better in meets on vault, floor and bars, but so much better in practice at beam when nobdy is watching as i dont really like beam-- well really flipping on something so little, LOL and yea so in general better at meets but beam fails at meets : (

I'm not as scared as i am at practice at meets but i generally make more of my skills at practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back