MAG Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, does anyone have their schedule yet? We don't have our whole schedule but have an idea of what travel meets we will be at. Wondering if any CB friends know yet so we can see if we are at any of the same meets!

We do...I'm torn...I guess a few parents complained that we didn't do enough meets last season(I was NOT one of them, lol!!), so hc added some and lo and behold! My ds will go to 9 meets and Regionals will make 10 if he qualifies. My dd will go to 7 or 8. I'm looking at potentially 18 meets from Dec to April. Just. Shoot. Me. Now.

That is a lot of meets, Azgymmiemom! We don't do nearly that many on either side, but it helps that our boys don't go to regionals until they are optionals.

Coaches are still deciding, but what we know so far is that 1) on both sides, the first meet won't be until December, and 2) our boys will likely do Brian Babcock and WPO. Don't know if HC will bring the 6s to the latter -- sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. I hope this is a "does" year, because I'd love to take DS to the college meet!

that's a lot. I think we have 9 that includes state and regionals! Plus our travel takes us to Orlando and Minnesota ;) But I only have one, so it is a little easier.

we have ours! For DS the only real travel meet is to Greensboro, NC. I'm lucky that this year both of my girls are competing in the fall and DS is always spring. yay for no conflicts this year!

It is especially good because if the girls had done spring season their travel meet would be the same weekend as DS's and I'd really hate to have their travel meets conflicting!

We have a lot of parents with optional girl/team boy that run into that every year. This year doesn't seem too bad but our optional girls are doing Cancun one weekend and the boys are in Florida the next weekend. That might be tough!

What I love is how the gym never ever ever opts to send the boys and girls to the same darn meet . . . sigh. Both our boys and girls attended meets last year that had both a boys' and girls' meet at the same time (something like three meets like this!), but in each case, only one of the teams went.

Not our full schedule but travel meets are West Point (which we do every year) and the SandDollar/Whitlow in Orlando! We have never gone on a "real" travel meet but we are going this year and making it a family vacation. So excited : )

KCHAMP-
we will be at whitlow too :)

Profmom - every few years both of our teams will go to whitlow/sand dollar. BUt this time the girls opted for Cancun.

skschlag - wahoo!!! :) My ds will be competing level 7 this year - yours?

We are looking forward to it! Our gym does 1 travel meet each year and usually get maybe 10 families who go. This year I think we at over 40 families! Now just worried about the temperamental New England weather and flying out :) Didn't even know there were meets in Cancun!

he is either 7 or 8. We don't know yet. I am guessing 7, but he is holding out hope for 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back