MAG Men's Live Stream (possible spoilers)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
So happy for them all, but especially John!! DS and I met Sam and John in August at Sam's clinic and both coached DS quite a bit. John was so down about his injury at the time and talked to the kids a lot about overcoming obstacles and staying positive in tough times. He was so inspirational. Very glad to see him come back strong!!

Totally cried with John.....I have loved his determination since before 2012.... After second Achilles, I thought he was done for........and his mom.......[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Was bawling like a baby over here. nd just so happy for Chris Brooks too. He has just been around forever....and has worked so hard to get here.

OMG OMG OMG! So excited. I am so happy for Chris and John. and waatching John out there made me cry.

I am assuming Danell and Donnell will be alternates, but I am equally sad for them :(

But I LOVE CHRIS!! And D yelled so loud when he was named!!!!!!!

This. This took place in our household as well. Little guy and I were so excited to especially see Chris and John named. All 5 made up our "Dream Team", but those two are the favorites of little guy.

I read comments on FB that the selection committee wasn't watching last few routines of the night from the non contendors - is that true?? And if true, that does strike me as not the right way to do things....

I read comments on FB that the selection committee wasn't watching last few routines of the night from the non contendors - is that true?? And if true, that does strike me as not the right way to do things....

They were not as attentive in general as the night went on. Especially if the event was not one that you were going to be in the team finals on even if you made the team. I do think, toward the end of the meet, they pretty much knew. I am sure that a couple of the gymnasts were glad they were not really watching

They were not as attentive in general as the night went on. Especially if the event was not one that you were going to be in the team finals on even if you made the team. I do think, toward the end of the meet, they pretty much knew. I am sure that a couple of the gymnasts were glad they were not really watching

I'm sure the women's committee will do the same.

Sooo, let me get this straight

You have a competition, where all the Olympic hopefuls go, and they pick a team base on their performance in that competition ?

It was based on a combination of Nationals and Olympic trials and committee opinions. The only way for a men's gymnast to guarantee a spot was to place top 3 on 3 events, but no one man did that.

Reactions: sce
It will be the same for the women but the committee is dominated by Martha Karoly and the women have two weeks until trials with nationals finishing tomorrow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back