Money :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TheLittleGymnast

My sister and I found a gymnastics camp in Quebec, Canada.We want to go, but its 655 dollars per person, but one of us gets 50 dollars off. Our family cannot afford that, so my sister and I want to find out ways to get money for it.

Thanks,
TheLittleGymnast and gymgirl808

Hey there, my kids go to that camp every year. It is very close to us. It is worth the money.

I would ask your family to give you money towards camp for birthdays and xmas presents. That way they can see how much you want it. It may take more than a year to get the money together, but you'll enjoy it more if you have to save for it. I know you are both over 13, or you wouldn't be posting here, so why don't you do some babysitting or dog walking to boost your camp savings.

Good luck, camp can be a lot of fun. BUt right now many gymnasts families are struggling just to keep them in the gym, camp really is a luxury.

A different kind of answer...

Ask yourself whether this camp is something you just want or is it something you "need" to have. By "need" I mean "are you going to limit the progress you need to get to where you or your coaches like you to be?" Or, do you have extraordinary circumstances that make this camp a meaningful must?

I say that because in this current economy, many families are doing with less (and much less). Some are just scraping just to get by. Some cannot even do that. I think it's important for you to realize this reality rather than you will sure get to what you want. It's a good life lesson. If it's not something you need, you may have to pass it up this time around. Your collection of money may get you there or it may not. Be prepared that you may have to give it up altogether. It's not the end of the world.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back