WAG More than one judging table on one event..who to salute?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I just have a quick question. Many are thinking, impossible for me, I know..lol

But some meets we go to there are two judges tables on floor. Some both judges sit at the same table.
When there are two tables..who do they salute when they are done?
Do they salute both judges..either judge..the one they are facing?
I noticed my dd just salutes the judge she is facing..and not the one behind her. But I have noticed other girls will salute both, one at a time. And some will kind of turn to where their is a judge to either side of them (not facing either one) and do a single salute.
Is there a way they are "supposed" to do it? I always wondered why there is such a wide range of how it is done when the judges are split up like that.
Also, why is it at some meets they sit at the same table and some they sit on opposite sides of the floor?

they address the head judge. the coaches are supposed to tell them who that is. and the answer to the last question really has no answer. 1/2 dozen or the other.:)

and most places, the athletes line up at the head judges table prior to competing the event, and just after the warm up. in fact, i can't remember this NOT happening in a long time.

USAG began recommending that the judges sit in different spots so that each has a different perspective. Most meets we attend the judges sit together because it is an equipment and logistical issue (and sometimes space) to have them apart. However, our state meet it is now required that the judges sit on opposite sides for vault, bars and beam and on floor they are perpendicular to each other so they each have a different view.

Thank you again. My DD is a L5, so this is the first year that she is competing where it really "counts" persay.
That being said, this is her 3 rd year competing...and we have only been to three meets where this was the case, and then only on floor. Anywhere else, and at all meets for other events there has only been one judging table. (There were two meets last year, and so far one this year..haven't made it to the other meet yet, were they had two on floor only).
The kids have never lined up by the head judge prior to preforming on any even at any meet..in any state they have gone to. (have competed in 3 states).
So..that's why I had questions about it. It's very rare to see. I have seen on other people's videos where the girls will talk to the judge prior to preforming and always wondered why it had never happened at a single meet our girls have gone to in the last three years I have been attending. You learn things all the time. As you see, I'm still very new into the learning process..lol

Our girls always go talk to the judges, before starting their 1st event only. I have never seen judges at different tables at a compulsory meet before...maybe that memo from USAG hasn't gotten to us!

I find the fluctuation in what is done from meet to meet, state to state very interesting. I love hearing and seeing how it is done in other places

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back