Coaches Music media

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymRays

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm heading to a State competition soon ( first state competition). Typically our gym uses burned CDs for the girls floor music but I know host gyms are not required to provide cd players ( local meet near us still use CD players) So, I now have it in Mp3 format on a thumb drive, my mp3 player, and in Dropbox (accessible on my phone or tablet). I have a AUX cable for any device that needs it and my charging cords as well.

What do big meets typically use to play floor music? Laptop? I'm assuming mp3 format is the best to have the files in. Is this sufficient for method of playing music?

Most meets we have been to recently have expressed they prefer music to be on an ipod/ipad or similar device that can be connected via aux cable- which they provide. Most have offered a cd player option, but our last meet did not. Someone there mentioned that CDs would not be "allowed" at the state meet. Typically they will mention what format they prefer in the meet info.

Most meets we have been to recently have expressed they prefer music to be on an ipod/ipad or similar device that can be connected via aux cable- which they provide. Most have offered a cd player option, but our last meet did not. Someone there mentioned that CDs would not be "allowed" at the state meet. Typically they will mention what format they prefer in the meet info.
Thank you for responding :). I'm glad I'm covered then with the options I have. Very glad I asked.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back