My Floor and Beam Routines!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

My mom finally got videos of my routines! She took them yesterday at open gym:D I messed up a few times, but I'm still working on them.. My first meet is in less than a week! Could anyone guess the approximate scores for me?? Hope you like:

Beam:
[YOUTUBE]QzcQGnehJDQ[/YOUTUBE]
Floor:
[YOUTUBE]DDMICJNBhfo[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know what the scores would be, but you looked very solid on al your skills. Very clean. You hvae really nice dance on floor!!

You look really clean! The only thing I saw was the landings out of your tumbling passes were really bouncy; you could get about .6-.8 off for that. I love your choreography after your first pass!

Ok, girl, you should teach me how to tumble! I don't know anything about L7 scoring, but very clean routines - you're very confident and DEFINITELY rock the tumbling. Just the switch leap on floor and the leap on beam were not very split, and you've got a special requirement for a 180 degree leap so definitely work on that.

One thing I noticed - you take a tiny jump before your back handspring on beam. I tend to do that too and one of my coaches always yells at me for it, though I think I jump more than you do. Does it help you to get more height or something? Do your coaches remark on it?

Ok, girl, you should teach me how to tumble! I don't know anything about L7 scoring, but very clean routines - you're very confident and DEFINITELY rock the tumbling. Just the switch leap on floor and the leap on beam were not very split, and you've got a special requirement for a 180 degree leap so definitely work on that.

One thing I noticed - you take a tiny jump before your back handspring on beam. I tend to do that too and one of my coaches always yells at me for it, though I think I jump more than you do. Does it help you to get more height or something? Do your coaches remark on it?

lol at first I had no idea what you were talking about but nowI see it.. I just do that when I swing my arms I guess.. I don't do it purposely.. lol i have no idea.. good eye ;)

Nice clean routines! wish i could tumble like you!!!!!!!!

Only think Make your leap higher, more confident and more split :) also make your turn look more confidence :)

Promise that Judges love confidence :)

AND... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR FLOOR ROUTINE

I do agree that your routines are pretty good and clean for the most part. Floor I would work on the landings. Watch the hurdle into the Fhs-Front. You need to hurdle longer-ribs in-arms up to create more power. You're looking at a 9.425ish on floor depending on the judge.

On beam: TAKE OUT the split leap! Not worth its deductions! Do an additional split jump-beat jump connection ie:keep your one split jump alone and add the 2nd one with the beat jump connection. Also watch the connection of your walkovers, some judges may be tempted to consider that a break and you'd lose start value. At the very least I'd take .3 for rhythm of connection. I'm sure you could do BWO-FF easily which will also shorten your routine/boost score. Best of luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back