WAG NCAA championships question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
Has anyone ever been?
Is it best to get an all-session reserved seat, or go up to the upper level of general admission and move around?

Thanks for any info/opinions, etc!!

I've been lots of time- it's a ton of fun, you will have a blast! I always get the all-session reserved tickets, they are pretty inexpensive as far as tickets for a high level gym meet go. Depending on the venue and how well attended the meet is, you might not be able to move around to other seats.

I attended NCAAs last year in Fort Worth, and there was more than enough room to move around. However, for the price, you might as well get reserved seating. Most of the lower seats are usually taken by the family & friends of the colleges that are competing as they sit in big groups to cheer on their respective schools. It's a much different feel being held on an outside campus vs. NCAAs of the past that were hosted by schools that were actually competing in Championships, but still a lot of fun :)

Thank you :)
It will be our first time, so any tidbits of information are greatly appreciated.

Personally I enjoy arriving early and watching warm-ups, so I arrive right when the door opens. In the past they have given away little "door prizes" so those who arrive early are more likely to get them. Last year they handed out light up foam batons to be waved during march-in. In the past they did an autograph session during warm-ups for event finals...not sure if they will just do away with that since they have done away with event finals though.

Are you familiar with the area around the venue?

Personally I enjoy arriving early and watching warm-ups, so I arrive right when the door opens. In the past they have given away little "door prizes" so those who arrive early are more likely to get them. Last year they handed out light up foam batons to be waved during march-in. In the past they did an autograph session during warm-ups for event finals...not sure if they will just do away with that since they have done away with event finals though.

Are you familiar with the area around the venue?

We are flying in Friday morning, and I believe my friend found that the doors open at 11:00, and meet starts at 1:00. So I believe we will get there right when the doors open.

Not familiar with the area, just using google maps and trip advisor so far. Trying for a hotel within walking distance, maybe the omni.
Apparently my friend is finding all sorts of things for us to do in the down time... ghost tour..mechanical bull riding...

We are flying in Friday morning, and I believe my friend found that the doors open at 11:00, and meet starts at 1:00. So I believe we will get there right when the doors open.

Not familiar with the area, just using google maps and trip advisor so far. Trying for a hotel within walking distance, maybe the omni.
Apparently my friend is finding all sorts of things for us to do in the down time... ghost tour..mechanical bull riding...

Sheraton & Hilton are also an easy walk (and possibly cheaper...). I suggest taking a walk over to the Water Gardens, which is essentially across the street from the Omni. Sundance Square Plaza also has plenty of restaurants and a fun jetted fountain for water play if it's a warm day. I also took an Uber to the Fort Worth Zoo last year which was fun to see. Hoping to make it out to the Stockyards this year :)

If anyone can give any more info, I'd appreciate it! (with it being only my daughter and myself, and flying in right before it starts, I like to have as much info as I can before we go).

1) do they sell shirts with teams on them? Trying to figure out what we should wear. My daughter is a huge Gators fan, and we are hoping they're there, but she doesn't have anything that would show team spirit. Wondering what we could purchase once we get there.

2) Between semi finals 1 and semi finals 2 - is it just half the teams are in one and half are in the other? Than the finals are the last 6 teams?

3) can I assume that it's like a regular "event", in that there's food vendors, etc?

Thank you so much!

1) do they sell shirts with teams on them?

2) Between semi finals 1 and semi finals 2 - is it just half the teams are in one and half are in the other? Than the finals are the last 6 teams?

3) can I assume that it's like a regular "event", in that there's food vendors, etc?

Thank you so much!

1. No shirts for specific teams, only shirts for the event in general.

2. 6 Teams in Semi Finals 1, 6 Teams in Semi Finals 2. The tops three teams from each of the semi final sessions qualify to Finals.

3. Yes, there are food vendors. Hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, ice cream, smoothies, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back