Parents Needing some good luck/good healing vibes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a quick recap - Q broke her arm (radius and ulna, both) the first day of team camp. We were able to get in to the Ortho that afternoon to have it casted.

This Tuesday, it will have been 4 weeks - so back we go for x-rays and, if all looks well, the cast should come off.

She's ready to be done with it, and so am I! Though, I'm so thankful it was a waterproof cast - that's made a world of difference.

She's adapted well, and I guess the silver lining is that she's definitely improved her strength on her weaker side. She's determined (I say stubborn :D ) and has definitely challenged her coaches to keep *her* challenged during this time. She's been doing one armed pull-ups and one armed bridges (spotted for balance) - she doesn't do well sitting idly by!! But, she's definitely ready to get back at it.

I've braced her for the possibility that the cast may not come off yet. I've also told her that if it does come off, there is a strong likelihood that there may still be limitations at practice, and she may need to wear a brace. (Which is an entire other issue)

So, any solid healing vibes would certainly be welcome. She's ready to get this show on the road!!

Thanks, Sean!

We are officially cast free :D

She was given clearance for all weight bearing activities (the bones look great) but is holding off for about 10 days on explosive tumbling (which, at 5, isn't terribly explosive, but you know what I mean!) until her strength is back. She has a tiny bit of stiffness, but not much.

She was back to handstands within the hour :rolleyes: When I asked her to chill out a little she said "What? The dr said I totally could!!"

To say she's happy is an understatement!

It's great to hear that she is "green lighted" back to the gymnastics...good for her! I am sure the rest of her summer will be much more fun now!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back