Parents New Compulsories

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is there rules on the optional music?

A few... Rules about maximum length (which I don't remember) and there can't be any lyrics, but that's about it. DD loves her floor music and will have it again this year (same music with same choreography... just upgraded with harder skills to turn it from a level 7 routine to a level 8 one). Optional meets are SO much nicer to attend! Though it will be interesting to see these new compulsory routines in competition. They look HARD!

I am SO glad I don't have to sit and listen to that music! It is awful! DD watched it too and agreed about the music, hates it, but actually likes the look of the routines. I have to agree with MaryA. They look challenging!

My DD has learned the floor routine and about half of the beam routine (level 3). I really think the routines are so pretty. The music isn't the best; but at least it is something new maybe?

Our new gym does sometimes have girls compete one level in fall and another in spring. I wonder if my girls could make it through 2 and 3 for my little one and 3 and 4 for my older one this year... :rolleyes:

Wow... the music... ugh. And the dance - I feel for the coaches who will have to learn and teach it. I can just imagine the LOLs that will come from teaching the young L4s and L5s the dramatic fall to the floor at the end of the routine.

I feel for the girls that dance isnt their strong suit. My dd is not a dancer. Its probably a good thing she is going to xcel.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

My DD and a few others dance competitively so they will like that fall, and get to show a little of another skill. But there are lots of girls on team that dread dancing. We do a acro demo for parades and Christmas shows, that has dance incorporated. You can see the horror on some of the girls faces when they have to shake their hips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back