Parents New Compulsories

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh okay, I didn't realize. And can I just say thank goodness they didn't go with having the compulsory routines and music here? That music is awful. My dd is home today and she was watching with me and was astounded at the fact that they go into so much detail about exactly where your feet and hands have to be. and she asked what if they are a left leg kicker instead of right?

Oh okay, I didn't realize. And can I just say thank goodness they didn't go with having the compulsory routines and music here? That music is awful. My dd is home today and she was watching with me and was astounded at the fact that they go into so much detail about exactly where your feet and hands have to be. and she asked what if they are a left leg kicker instead of right?

Then we teach the routine as lefty instead of righty...the positions are judged, so that's why so much detail. USAG is obviously moving toward incorporating more difficult dance. Even though it's going to be SO hard to teach this to my group of new 4s and 5s, I like the new dance requirements.

A nd can I please add that I'm sure all of the little 7 and 8 year old level 4 and 5 kids will look exactly like the girl in the video doing the routine? not. Even though I like the new dance requirements, I foresee lots of coaches spending countless hours perfecting the echeppe...and the death drop at the end.

Then we teach the routine as lefty instead of righty...the positions are judged, so that's why so much detail. USAG is obviously moving toward incorporating more difficult dance. Even though it's going to be SO hard to teach this to my group of new 4s and 5s, I like the new dance requirements.

A nd can I please add that I'm sure all of the little 7 and 8 year old level 4 and 5 kids will look exactly like the girl in the video doing the routine? not. Even though I like the new dance requirements, I foresee lots of coaches spending countless hours perfecting the echeppe...and the death drop at the end.

So that's what it meant to be reversed! I thought they meant you can do the skills in a different order, lol. Thanks!

Can you imagine a 14 yr old level 3 doing a routine to that music? How awful! It is almost like USAG is discriminating against older beginner compulsory gymnasts. All the music is awful! My dd thinks her level 5 music sounds like fairy music! LOL

it is all horrible. I pity the kids. What were they thinking off. The dance doesn't even look like it fits the music on that video.

After watching the videos, I am praying that DD does new 4 and 5 this year so that we don't have to listen to either of those for two years! I don't think it will happen, but one can always hope! The music is hideous (and that is my professional opinion as a Classically trained pianist!).

After watching the videos, I am praying that DD does new 4 and 5 this year so that we don't have to listen to either of those for two years! I don't think it will happen, but one can always hope! The music is hideous (and that is my professional opinion as a Classically trained pianist!).

I'm hoping the same thing haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back