New L4 mommy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

I just found chalk bucket and after reading for a few days decided to join.

I have a 5 year old Level 4. DD started gymnastics about a 1.5 years ago. She was asked to join Level 4 in March and has done so much better than I expected. She has all of her floor, beam and vault skills, but she's still working on bars. She's close, but has trouble with her mill circle and front hip circle. Her coach said she just doesn't always shift her hands. I'm just so proud of her because when she moved up she was the absolute worst. I was even thinking what a big mistake it was for them to move her. Now she's not only hanging in there, but she has passed up some of the other girls.

Her team will start competing at the end of August, but DD won't be old enough to compete this year. If her team does any competitions in the spring she will have just turned 6 and will get to go. They usually only do one meet so I guess we'll see.

I love her coaches and all her teammates. They are such a great bunch.

I'm a single mommy to DD and her little sister who is 1 year old. I'm a teacher and my exhubby is a gymnastics coach, but in another state. We will be going to see him this summer and he will attempt to coach DD for the first time. She has never done anything at his gym but play so this should be very interesting. I figure either it will be a great success or a compete disaster.:confused:

Wow, must have been a busy day, no one has welcomed you yet! Welcome to chalkbucket! It sounds like you have a talented little one!

Welcome!!! Bars is always the hardest for the little ones to learn--it takes a lot of strength and coordination that comes with time. It sounds like she is progressing nicely :)

Welcome to the Chalkbucket! This site is soo helpful through the trials,challenges,and triunphs of gymnastics. It sounds like you have a quite talented dd!

Welcome! It sounds like your DD is doing great! She'll get those tricky skills soon enough.

That mill circle and front hip are the nemesis of the L4 bar routine. Both of my DD's spent 3 years competing L4 (long story) and it took the younger one forever to get that front hip circle. My older DD has since quit and younger dd is going into her second year as a L5.

Welcome! Sounds like your little gymmie is well on her way being ready for next year, although I know you're eager to have her start now. Just think about it this way, she will already have a full year ahead of most everyone else when she is old enough to compete.

Welcome to CB. Come join us in the parent's forum. :)

Sounds like your DD is doing great!

And yes the Mill is evil evil evil.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. DD got her FHC yesterday!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. She seems like she's been close for so long. Everyone in the gym stopped and clapped for her and it was so exciting for her. She's the first first-year level 4 on her team to get it. She was so proud because she's the baby and she felt like a big girl. Did I mention I was proud of her?:D She has to do it 3 practices in a row in order to get it officially passed off so I guess we'll see if she can still do it on Thursday. It was strange how once she did it one time she did it over and over with no problem.

Now just that evil mill circle. Could there be a more uncomfortable looking skill? She's sooo close. I think she's going to get it any day now. Maybe I'll have so good news after her practice tomorrow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back