DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

KimmeeA13

I'm the mom of an 8 year old girl who is in her first year of competition. She is a natural athlete and seems to be 53 pounds of solid muscle! She is competing Bronze Xcel and has done pretty well in her first two meets, finishing around the middle of the pack. Her best finish so far was a 2nd place medal in Floor, which is her best event, probably because she practices it continually in the living room floor. :) She's done rec gymnastics off and on until last May, when she tried out for the competitive team at her gym and made it. My girl has also played fastpitch softball since she was 4, including some travel (tournament) teams. She's planning to play again this spring but with the understanding that softball will take a back seat to gymnastics. It will be interesting to see how that works out and if she still has the same love for softball that she has in the past now that she's so into gymnastics. She's made some friends in her practice squad and seems to be having a great time. Glad to find this group!

Welcome,
How long was your DD in rec gymnastics? My DD plays baseball each spring and this yr will be the first time that we will have to juggle both at the same time too. I agree with you, that it will have to take a back seat to gym when there's a conflict. My DD started rec gym one day a week when she was almost 6 and a half, she will be 8 in a few months. This past fall we went from one hour, one day a week for a year to 3 days a week for a total of two and a half hours a week. in hopes to help her learn the skills quicker to be on the team next year. Good Luck to your DD! and welcome to CB!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back