Number of conditionings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amir Hussain

Gymnast
I always was wondering about this question,Is there a definite number for pull ups or any other conditionings?I mean in MAG for example in rings event or other events in men's gymnastics.

Is there any website which show me that by the level?could you tell me the required numbers for the last level(level10)?I wanna determine my goals.

No, there is not. It is probably different from one gym to another.

As a MAG gymnast, you should be able to climb a rope in L/straddle with ease. Think at least 25 pullups and 75-100 dips. My friend told me in college he could do about 100 dips and the most I ever did was around 50. These are more things that we were capable of rather than training for that repetition range.

10 muscle-ups. Strict. Shouldn't be out of the question.

Probably 10-15 HSPU on parallettes. Or 20. The girls on the national team are generally required to do 20 but not on parallettes just floor.

I once did 43 Hanging Leg lifts but that was on a men's bar and not a set of stall bars. Pretty sure I cheated and my head stuck out to get that many. But 20 Hanging Leg lifts on stall bars should not be a problem.

10 Press handstands, for a MAG gymnast these should be in L.

Mastery of at least Front and Back Lever and probably a Cross and straddle planche as a L10.

Some is good..............

More is better............

Too much...................

I think too much can happen if you're putting a lot of pressure on tendons (ligaments?) in planche work and at the bottom of a handstand push up. Take care to work up to numbers in those movements, as well as anything like a back lever straight body pull to inverted hang. Tendonitis is a PITA.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back