Obeg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all - just ran across this site today. There may be some of you the remember me and/or my site that I ran that was similar to this one about 4 years ago called Gymnzone. I have seen one or two familiar "faces" around here today while poking around and I thought I would post a "hi" just in case some recognized me and was wondering.

Anyway - back then I was hugely interested in gymnastics - ran a Gymnastics community, sold gear online, sold gear at local meets, worked with my dd's daughters gym, and had a dd on pre-team. Loved every bit of it. But then divorce came and dd dropped from gymnastics and other nastiness that comes with hosting a gymnastics community popped up and so I quit cold turkey.

Since then I have remarried, my gymnast dd moved on to volleyball. But as part of the marriage - I picked up two "new dds". lol One of which has become a gymn nut. She started last year in a rec 1 class, quickly moved to pre-team. Now what started out as a 1 hour a week rec class and a $50 a month bill has quickly turned into 12 hours a week of pre-team, prep-opt rookie one team, and level 4 one day a week. The other is in a recreational tramp and tumbling class. Oh and the $60 a month has turned into $330 a month bill! Argh! lol But she is loving every minute of it - and so are her mom and I.

Anyway - I am catching the bug for the fix again that communities like this provide - so I expect I will be popping up around here more and more in the future.

If any of you are from the old GZ days - pop in and say "Hi."

Obeg

Sure do remember gymzone, that was a great place. You'll find quite of people here remember you.

We are managing to keep this massive place quite happy, I am sure you'll love it.

Glad you still have gym in your life!

Yep I remember gz too. I saw the title of the post "obeg" and was thinking "why does that sound so familiar?" Now I remember.

Obeg,

Wow - what a surprise to see that name again. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things had turned out for you. I was gymdad on your site back then. I will PM you.

Ah gymdad - dad of the coolest girl name ever! Still always said if something weird happened and I had another girl - ***** would be her name for sure! :)
Glad to see some familiar names here!

Hi and welcome to CB. Wish I could say I knew what GZ was, but... I am glad that things seemed to have turned around for you.

My DD is 9. Competed at L4 States in December and just had her first Rookie 2 meet on Sunday. Training for L5, hoping the Kip will become consistent.

Hope you'll stick around, it's a great place.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back