Oooh, now I get ittt (Almost a new skill!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

Izzie

So for the past few weeks, whenever I would practice my front handspring on floor or vault, my coach has always been telling me that if I arch and not pike I'll land it just fine (and not on my back, ouch!). I've never really understood what he meant, so just kind of ignored him.

Today, I was attempting a handstand limber onto my couch, and I was getting annoyed because my feet kept hitting the top of the couch and not the pillows I had set on the cushions. Then it clicked, I wasn't bending my back at all!
So I finally landed it with my feet on each pillow... But I was stuck! There was no way I'd be able to stand up, coming down would land me on my hand, and I couldn't roll over? What to do:confused:
After landing on my head a couple of times, I finally managed to kick back over onto my feet!!

I checked on YouTube, and apparently all I have to do is land with one foot down (not on the couch, either XD) and I'll have my Tick Tock!
Definitely not something /I/ thought I'd be getting anytime soon O:

It's so weird how the 'arch' thing just suddenly clicked to me, and now I'm on my way to a new skill :D! This ever happen to anyone else?

Dang, it just happened again!
Apparently, if you actually go vertical on a handstand (or as I call, ankle clicking XD) it's actually possible to hold for more then 5 seconds ;'D I actually made 10 seconds without the wall for the first time ever!

well, i learned my tik tok by watching stick it when i was about 8 or 9. I watched it and just before i was going to bed I went upstairs and decided i wanted to try a tik tok. And, well what do you know I learned how to do a tik tok on my first try, Craziness!

Well done!! I knew how to do a front hadspring by accident, I always thought it was a front walkover but instead you run, when I was little!

Well done!! I knew how to do a front hadspring by accident, I always thought it was a front walkover but instead you run, when I was little!

Wow XD
I learned my front handspring by a family member showing me it ONCE, and then I spend a couple hundred time trying to imitate it... Usually landing flat on my back (hmm, wonder why... could it have anything to do with arching?).

I did that with my giant, I suddenly learned to pike slightly to get past the low bar but my excite was short lived, the next week I got scared to and I've been scared since.

That's great! I. Love it when things just click. Its kind of an oh duh HATS what they meant but satisfying nonetheless. Good job

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back