Off Topic Other talents

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know all of our dd are amazingly talented at gymnastics, but I was recently thinking about what other talents my kids have

All of my kids can speak 3 languages (English,French, Spanish), my youngest dd plays piano and clarinet, my oldest dd plays the piano and saxophone. In my own opinion they are both really good at rainbow loom bracelet making too

What other talents do your dds and ds's have, beside gymnastics

OG plays trumpet, sings great (but is shy), excels at every sport she has tried: softball, baseball, basketball, soccer, football, and track (100 meters and long jump), and writes songs / poems.
YG is a comedian. She wrote her first song at the age of almost 6... couldn't write very well at the time, so I had her sing it (but she had a cold at the time) and I recorded it so I could transcribe it for her. It was cute. (SORRY, but I gotta share it - background... YG loves Summer, but Summer was working 40+ hours a week AND going to college full time when she made up her song)

When I woke up…
I ate some breakfast… too….
And then I got dressed…
And maybe I got my shoes on and went outside to play.
And then I would climb a tree,
Or maybe play in the grass,
Or maybe swing on the swing set…
Or maybe swing on the swing set
Or maybe I would go on a bike ride, or ride my bike
Which is the same thing
Which is the same thing

Or maybe I would go outside to play
And maybe I would draw a picture ... for Curlyn
Okay… just to let you know
Heart Peace,, Love you too
Sissy, Summer, and Chris, and Curlyn
And Mittens, Hamish, and Punkyn too.

But the thing I know about us all too
We all like watching movies together
Even with Summer…
Even when Summer is here…
Even when Summer is here…

Okay, Okay
Peace Heart, Love you too… and now
Love you Summer ... Summer ... Summer
Peace Heart, Love you, Bye Bye.

My DD was a pretty decent soccer goalie before she had to choose between the two sports.

She is an excellent reader and speller.

Rib-tickling funny and can pull out some pretty awesome zingers from time to time.

She can also destroy a clean house more effectively than any other kid in our state, I'm sure.

Both of my gymnasts were/are involved in a program in their elementary school through which they are matched up as lunch buddies with non-neurotypical children to help the children become better socially integrated at the school. They do many other things of which I am proud, but this one is really a great thing for them and the kids with whom they've become friends.

My ds is an decent little artist. He just won an award for one of his pictures. He is also just the most laid back kiddo until something isn't fair (he has a strange sense of fairness so it can be at any time.)

I will brag a bit and post his picture :
097.jpg

My 8 year old gymnast is an awesome little soccer player, love how aggressive she is on the field..

AND she is a fantastic friend, big and little sister....she's kindhearted and has always been the kid that all the other kids gravitated towards..

I love this thread! it's so nice to hear the backstory behind everyone's "DDs" and "DSs" :) There is so much more to everyone than one sport! My gymmie loves absolutely anything arts and crafts related, and is quite talented in that regard, imho. She also plays cello and loves to cook.

Wild - you girl's songwriting skills made my afternoon, and skschlag, I agree your lil fella is well beyond decent! Love the picture!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back