Parents Pricey Competition Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is the most you have paid for a competition leo? I consider our gym owner very cost-concious when she is making choices so our highest cost so far has been $120. We use them for 2 years before switching, and are getting new ones this year. Who out there has the record for highest priced leo?

Price jumped to $229 this year (highest before was $189). Our gym tries to use them multiple years though. I some gyms get new ones every year (and warm-ups to boot which are the far side of $300).

Not sure if you are compulsory or optional. Our optional leos which we use only 1 year (due to older girls sweating and colors running) will be $230. In addition, it will be another 110 for warm-up suits, we use 2 years and 45 for team bag which we use for 2 years. Compulsory leos run about 120 for the leo 75 for warm-up and 45 for team bags. I will have to say, I see gyms with the same leo year after year and they do not look as sharp and polished as new ones.

ours are about $35 for the beginner level, $75 for intermediate, and about $120 for advanced and optionals. The gym tries to keep them the same. The upper level one has been around for at least 5 years. But the girls outgrow them every 2-3 years anyway.

I will have to say, I see gyms with the same leo year after year and they do not look as sharp and polished as new ones.

I agree for the most part but it really depends on the colors and material. our more expensive one is black with mesh sleeves. and they hold up fairly well for a couple seasons. Then they start to look ratty. Our lower level ones really lose their shine after one season.

Not sure if you are compulsory or optional. Our optional leos which we use only 1 year (due to older girls sweating and colors running) will be $230.

DD is optional, level 8, but our team has typically had the same leo for optionals and compulsories. That may change since the gym has switched from compulsory to prep op. ;)

ours are about $35 for the beginner level, $75 for intermediate, and about $120 for advanced and optionals. The gym tries to keep them the same. The upper level one has been around for at least 5 years. But the girls outgrow them every 2-3 years anyway.

sorry - I meant $220, not $120. I wish it was $120...

Im really not sure on this one yet. Although Im going to find out soon. Last year was DD first year on team, and we got a used leo, paid 75 for it. Got a used warm-up and paid 75 for that too. We found out later that a new warm up would have only cost me 80. Wasnt too happy about that. For $5 Id rather have a new one for her.
This year the lower level (3 and 4) are going to be using the same leos as the other girls. (last year the itties wore black with pink, and the other ladies wore pink with black..they are all going to pink and black). So Im going to have to buy her a new one this year as there were no higher level girls that were her size. I believe I heard tell last year that the new ones are around 180ish.
They do wear the same leo for 3 or 4 years, then get a new design.
Although the expense can be crazy I do agree that everyone getting a new one each year is sometimes for the best. I have never noticed it with DDs team leos, but i have with other teams. Where they fade differently. You can tell the new ones from the older ones. Sometimes the colors dont even really match. The ones I have noticed this in are the ones that have the valour fabric. Ihavent really noticed it with any of the other fabrics.

DD's team is getting new leos and this year, they are costing us $145. She is also getting a new warm-up because she outgrew it- if I recall, that was another $100. After hearing some of the prices above, I don't think I will say a word of complaint. Wow!

First team leo and warm ups Alex had were from Dreamlight and cost over $450.00 if I remember correctly! And the leo was not even long sleeved! They got new leos last year from GK and the overall cost was around $300.00 for both leo (long sleeve) and warm up! They will be using them again this year! Thank goodness!!

Ours are £58.50 (just under $100USD) for competition leos, but for the girls who are only training up to 4 hours a week doing their first comps I've just been asked to design and make a club leotard - I make all of my daughters leos except the competition team one. Our comp leos come from a company called Milano in the UK, if the club chooses a leotard from their range they will make it in custom colours

Our leos were $350 last year ...and ugly to boot! I actually wish they'd get new ones this year because they look awful on every single girl!!

$350 for GK custom leo + custom warm-up suit (zip-up jacket & pants in same material as leo).
It's not a huge team, so all competitive team members levels 4-10 wear the same style. Before a new annual order goes through, we have a big "pass down" day when older girls sell their too-small leos & warm ups for about $120 to the younger girls. My daughter is squeamish about wearing a used leo though, so we buy new every year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The gym gets new leos every 2 yrs--different for compulsory and optional (different warm-ups too). Beth gets a new one this year--don't know cost of the leo yet, but total cost will be about $350 (for leo and warm-ups)--ouch!

My oldest DD is in HS and they are getting new competition leos too--at about $190 each! (luckily they do fundraising for the cost as the school keeps the leos and use them from year to year).

We just received the price this year. $175 for 3/4 sleeve comp leo and $225 for warm ups. Then the kicker....they need it by Aug 12TH!!! UGH!!!

Nothing? We pay a $250 team fee for the year. Included in the team fee is the leo rental. I don't think the team has changed leo's in years. Each level has their own leotard. The compulsary level's don't have team warm ups.

Our team leos were gorgeous with matching warm ups and scrunchy. They were also over $400 for everything. They keep the same leo for two years. Sometimes you get lucky enough to get a used one from the last year. I know that is on the high side, but I have seen some butt-ugly, ill-fitting, and faded leos at competitions. Sometimes it is worth it to pay more and have a leo that fits well and does not fade. Also saw some that had designs that looked wierd and added nothing to the look of the leo.

I have to buy my daughter her first long sleeve comp leo this season.

Adidas Leo = $100 + tax
No Brand Warm Up = $65 + tax

Our leos and warm ups were $450 from GK. Beautiful leos but Ouch! We also keep ours for 2 years. My DD has grown three inches this last year so I hope it still fits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back