Private lesson costs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

How dear are your gym's private lessons? My gym's privates are $25 for 30 mins, therefore $50 for an hour and $100 for 2 hours...

The Privates that I've gotten have been quite a bit cheaper. Although it's up to the coach to decide what they charge. I've never gotten mine with the head coach, I've always just done it with the coach I like and think is helpful, and that just happens to not be the head coach. And the fact that the HC is usually so busy she barely has time to breath much the less give privates.
Sorry, got long winded there. I was always charged $10 for 30 min. and $20 for an hour.
But what I was trying to get at is I'm sure the HC charges more.

That seems to be standard but over the past year I have come to believe that if the gym is doing the regular training with the team and its properly effective you should need a private.

At our old gym my DD constantly had privates to "get" that last move at new gym she hasn't needed a single private in a year. Big difference!! Our current gym also says if a private is needed they will come to you and make the arrangements not the other way around. Not one girl on the team has needed a private in the year I have been there and they all seem to be doing just fine.

LOL yes I did mean NOT need a private. See what happens when the coffee runs out and you need to get more LOL

That seems to be standard but over the past year I have come to believe that if the gym is doing the regular training with the team and its properly effective you should need a private.

At our old gym my DD constantly had privates to "get" that last move at new gym she hasn't needed a single private in a year. Big difference!! Our current gym also says if a private is needed they will come to you and make the arrangements not the other way around. Not one girl on the team has needed a private in the year I have been there and they all seem to be doing just fine.

I agree the only reason we did private lessons, which are $40 for an hour, was because my daughter was trying to go from a level 3 to 5.

Most of ours are either cheer girls wanting that elusive BHS :rolleyes: or kids who cannot be in a regular class (special needs) although there are the one who just want to get that one move or who from my watching seem to be doing well but who's parents think they need that extra attention for whatever reason. I am not up on the current prices but I know as of about a year ago half hour was $25 and hour was $35. And they changed the rules mostly due to the cheer girls that you have to be a registered student taking at least 1 class to have privates because a lot of them were just coming for privates and I guess the owner felt they could learn most of that in a cheer tumbling class.

Ours are the same amount $25 for half hour, $50/hour. DD has had a few privates in her time, mostly when she was younger and needed some focus time in the gym without any distractions. Now that she is older there is really no need.

In our gym it depends on the coach. Some charge $35 others up to $60. That's for our head coach. My DD will do privates if I know she is going to or has missed several practices because of illness or just having to miss.
Heidi-Southeast Idaho

Depending on the coach...

$25/half...$40/hour
$30/half...$50/hour
...or more.

Wow! If I didn't already know it, living in a big city is expensive! Our privates are $75/hour! No complaints, coaches are great....but cost to rent space in the city is high so it's transferred to the consumer. (Our monthy cost is $500 for 18 hours/level 7...insane but competitive with the best gyms in our area)

As for privates, the coaches will suggest it if they think it's necessary and it's rare...maybe once or twice a season and not all girls. Usually for a specific skill (giants/flyaways or back tucks/back handspring on beam)....mostly if they think it will give the girl a bit more confidence working 1:1 in what it typically a quieter atmosphere...usually later Sunday afternoons.

My daughter is Level 7 and has only done 3 or 4 privates over the years and they have definitely been worth it to give her the time alone with the coach but overall she gets what she needs during her regular practice. I couldn't afford it otherwise!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back