WAG question about GK Under Armour leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
My daughter is one of those "sensory" kids when it comes to seams and bling on her leotards. I was looking at possibly purchasing her one of the GK Under Armour leotards and had a question to ask anyone here who has already purchased them.

I'm looking at the UA Agility leotard:
Under-Armour-Blue-Tank-Leotard-6306_000.jpg

But I'm concerned about the stitching on the waist. If you have a UA leo in either this style or similar, do you mind to give me your opinion about how noticeable the stitching is on the inside of the leo.

Or if you have this one:
Under-Armour-Red-Tank-Leotard-6302_000.jpg

My dd got an UA leo similar to what you have pictured and she deems it itchy because of the seams. But she wears it - not as often as I would like, but she does still wear it.

DD has a new Under Armour that is not that style, but has even more pieces of fabric sewn together, with 3 rows of seams across the side and front. Comparing it to the inside of her GK's, the seaming is done the exact same way. If the GK seams bother your DD, I'll bet the Under Armour will too.

The seams that appear to be the softest are the ones on DD's GK velour velvety leos. However, DD tells me that those are just not cool anymore, sooo.......

Sounds like it will be a no go then. She doesn't wear GK leos because of the seams so if the UA are like that, then I'm not going to want to drop $60 on a leo that she won't wear.

I appreciate all the offers of help. CBers are some very helpful people!

Maybe give Gymtek by GK a try. They are supposed to be seamless and tagless so might be great. I can't personally vouch for them though.

It's not a big deal. I can always count on Ozone leos. She's just getting to that age where she loves those name brands and I wanted to spoil her a little. Especially since it's getting so hard to think of things to buy for Christmas. It's hard when they stop playing with toys. And how many clothes does a kid need....although at this point, the same could be said about leos. LOL

We have the first one. DD hasn't mentioned it but I know a couple of the girls were saying the inside was itchy... They thought it was the mesh-like fabric inserts but could have been the seams.

I hate 'uncomfortable' leos and I couldn't do any of the under armors. I mean, I could wear them if I had to but I would not want to. Generally I don't like high neck/armpit areas or metallics.

Do the side seams on GK bug your DD, or just the seaming for any design that's added to the leo?

The reason I ask is because my DD has one of the new sublimated design leos and the fabric is considerably lighter and softer, plus there are no design seams. It still has side seams though, obviously.

My daughter's club "spirit leo" is a different Under Armour style. She finds the seams bothersome, and other girls have been complaining that the fit is too tight in the chest and armholes and too loose in the lower back and rear end.

Not what you asked, but my dd is sensitive to it by seams as well, snowflake leos are her favorite. We have ordered two recently and they are her softest yet!

I think they run slightly larger, my dd wears CM in both, but has a little more room to grow in the Snowflake ones. We don't put any of them in the dryer. The one on the left is the softest, one of her teammates asked to have it the first day she wore it! (Plus it was a grab bag leotard and only cost $16)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1412802200.827845.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1412802200.827845.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77
I am not active on CB. Im a nana to little girl with health issues I know you will understand. I don't know how to private message. I've looked at posts for years and I know we share this. I feel alone but I totally understand if you won't respond. Im kind of desperate. Thank you

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back