WAG Questions Xcel platinum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Emj5

Gymnast
My friend is thinking abt going platinum and I have 2 questions

1. Is a front pike dismount on beam a B valued skill? So would it check off the requirement for 1 B valued skill

2. Can you do a 1/2 turn touch the bar ( LVL 4 ) dismount in Xcel platinum

I could be wrong but I do think the front pike is a B. For bars I believe you have to do a flyaway if you don't want to miss requirements

On beam any flight skill on the beam (bhs, round off, etc) would be a b skill. I don’t think the front pike is a B and on the beam you need a flight skill to meet the special requirements to start from a 10.0 SV so I recommend she learns a dive cartwheel or round off to fulfill this.

On beam any flight skill on the beam (bhs, round off, etc) would be a b skill. I don’t think the front pike is a B and on the beam you need a flight skill to meet the special requirements to start from a 10.0 SV so I recommend she learns a dive cartwheel or round off to fulfill this.
You need a flight skill OR 2 connected acro (series). Flight skill isn't required until diamond.

You need a flight skill OR 2 connected acro (series). Flight skill isn't required until diamond.
Oh mb I was reading the requirements quick. Anyways to the OP I say have your friend do a split jump or wolf jump on beam if she can’t do a flight skill, either of those jumps is a B skill but I believe a minimum angle requirement is applied to get the jump value.

Beam: front pike is an A, front layout is a B.
Bars: the tap swing half turn (level 4 dismount) is only allowed for silver and gold. In platinum (and gold) the tap swing full turn is allowed. Think of the level 4 turn with an extra 1/2 turn to landing facing away from the bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back