(Rainbow) shoot through dismount on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
Sometimes I just go straight down. Last practice I started getting a pretty good rainbow which was motivating because before then I couldn't do it. I'm 5ft tall and one of the tallest in level 1. I'm 14 also which means I'm old. Any tips?

Are you talking about where you cast put your feet on the bar and swing underneath it and land on the floor?

What she is referring to as a rainbow is what is basically a failed back hip circle used as a dismount(the old level 4 dismount). When you reach the point of vertical to the floor you want your feet to follow the same course of movement as the would if you were doing a sole circle dismount and hips to follow suit. It sounds like you're more or less letting go of the bar when you get halfway around (I had this issue for the longest time too!). Lift as you release

What she is referring to as a rainbow is what is basically a failed back hip circle used as a dismount(the old level 4 dismount). When you reach the point of vertical to the floor you want your feet to follow the same course of movement as the would if you were doing a sole circle dismount and hips to follow suit. It sounds like you're more or less letting go of the bar when you get halfway around (I had this issue for the longest time too!). Lift as you release
Lift up?

It sounds like what we call an underswing dismount, it is used here in steps 2, 3, 5 and 6. The most common problem is hips falling away from the bar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back