Samir Ait Said

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
Just say a prayer. That was just awful. If you weren't watching... DON'T google it. You'll thank me for that the next time your son or daughter is vaulting in competition.

Yes, that was horrific. At first, I just thought he fell, and then when they showed him again... I hope he can recover from this. (Obviously not in time for Olympics, just speaking in general.) I'm not particularly squeamish, either. Poor guy! (understatement)

My boys were stunned.... I couldn't believe my eyes..... Then they switched cameras very quickly...... No mention of it yet....
You could hear it.

Seriously, don't google it. I did, since my DD doesn't do gymnastics anymore. It's awful.[emoji17]

I am surprised they didn't have a delay on. I typically don't watch vault but they kept saying how poorly vault had been going. I happened to look up just when he vaulted. Just awful...

I wondered what happened! Our live stream was focused so much on the German team that the commentators never even elaborated on who had gotten injured.

I don't think I want to google, I've seen enough broken bones sticking out in the gym to last me the rest of my life.

That was terrible. I was flipping back and forth between tabs- the general coverage and the HB coverage where the US men were- and missed the actual VT, but flipped over in time to see him lying there. I'm not particularly squeamish either, but man, that had me shaken up. I can't imagine what spectators or other athletes who actually saw it happen were feeling. Several rotations later I'm still feeling sick about it. He had to be in total shock to not be absolutely beside himself in pain. I cringed whenever they showed vault for the rest of the meet.

Saw it live. Wish I could unsee that. At least with the knee injury on the floor there was a warning and I turned away and didn't watch. For this horrific injury there was no warning or time delay. Do yourself a favor and do not watch especially if you have a gymnast that still competes. Wish I could brain wipe the image from my mind.

I saw it when it happened and it made me feel ill. DD thank goodness had her back turned at that moment, and it felt like they just showed him lying there forever...I remember saying to my husband do sitting there, why are they still showing him! So so sad!

I saw it live too.....that was enough......my ex gymnast saw it and was grossed out...luckily, my DD did not see it, and when my son tried to elaborate I told him the shut his mouth!!! No gymnast wants to see that....
Poor man.

(I saw the live feed, so wasn't afraid to look it up online, thankfully no pictures or anything on the page I went to.) I did Google it just to see what had actually happened to him. They said you could hear the sound of the break in the arena. I just cannot fathom.

I actually can't fault the NBC live feed. That was a live feed, they'll surely edit it out for the network showing tonight, and one of the commentators quickly told the cameras to look away. Now, obviously, if that isn't edited out for network, I'll fault them hugely.

(I saw the live feed, so wasn't afraid to look it up online, thankfully no pictures or anything on the page I went to.) I did Google it just to see what had actually happened to him. They said you could hear the sound of the break in the arena. I just cannot fathom.

I actually can't fault the NBC live feed. That was a live feed, they'll surely edit it out for the network showing tonight, and one of the commentators quickly told the cameras to look away. Now, obviously, if that isn't edited out for network, I'll fault them hugely.

I imagine that the primetime feed will show little, mostly the USA. They were streaming all events today,so I do not think that what we saw will be on tv. Maybe the late night show....

We had six gymnasts here at the house watching it. Really rough. I hope it was a clean break and he recovers soon, but so heartbreaking for him after missing 2012 due to injury.

Toba. Wow. After the knee injury on his first floor pass, he somehow managed to pull himself together and competed PH for his team. He did his dismount taking his weight on the uninjured leg. Posted his team's highest score on that event, allowing them to leave a 13 on the table -- and Germany qualified into team finals in eighth place by only a little more than a point.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back