Parents Savannah meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

maddiemei

Proud Parent
Is anyone going to be at the Courtney Kupets meet in Savannah, GA this weekend? My dd competes on Friday.

How cool! I would love to be going to this meet. Courtney Kupets is one of my favorite people. We've been to the Hilton Head meet run by the same gym and they've done a good job. Have a great time and good luck to your darling gymnast!

Our gym is going to another meet in Georgia this weekend, but I know that at least one gym from central florida that is going to your meet because I know a gymnast from the gym that is going, and she is a level 7 but not sure when she competes. Have fun and good luck.

Our gym is going to another meet in Georgia this weekend, but I know that at least one gym from central florida that is going to your meet because I know a gymnast from the gym that is going, and she is a level 7 but not sure when she competes. Have fun and good luck.

Are you going to the NGC? We'll be there.

Not going, wish we were, several of the gyms from our area are going. Have fun! I love Savannah!

Yes to GAgymmom...what level, what session? Maybe we can exchange notes...he he

Prep 2, Sat at 1:20, and level 9 Sun at 12:30. but I'm sure I will be watching levels 3, 4, 7, 10. I'll probably pitch my tent for the weekend. The Level 9 meet will be brutal. The best teams in Region 8 are in that session. Even though my dds team has won the last 2 meets, that will not be happening this weekend. Southeastern has 14 girls! but, we will definitely see some really good gymnastics. My dds goal is to not fall this meet, and improve her score. It'll be like a Regionals practice.

Will you be at the Friday level 8 meet? or the other one?

The other one, Sunday...Maybe we'll cross paths with your L9'er....Good Luck to ya...I'm with you, just don't fall...that would be a great improvement for my DGD...she has had a VERY rough L8 year, to say the least. She has a problem with her ankle (since the first meet-Flip Fest, where she crashed and burned)...and most recently she did something to her middle finger and is having a hard time with that as well....I think this sport is just too rough on these girls sometimes...but they love it.

I'm jealous-would love to be in Savannah! It's one of my favorite place to visit. Good luck to everyone competing this weekend!!

I'm jealous-would love to be in Savannah! It's one of my favorite place to visit. Good luck to everyone competing this weekend!!

I've heard its a beautiful place, but went there for a meet 4 years ago and hated it!! I got lost every time I got in the car. Was driving in a straight line, never turned or left the road, and 45 min later was driving in the opposite direction and was 30 min past the time I should have arrived at my destination. I ended up in the middle of the ghetto, never saw so many roads overlapping, never could find my way w/o stopping for directions every time, never saw the beauty. I never want to go there again!! sorry, off-topic I guess, haha! just my 2 cents

To GAgymmom....I feel this way about Washington DC....been there, done that.....drove by the White House several times, went round and round in a roundabout, stopped at a gas station and ask for a way, any way, out of DC and never even spent the night...lol...but I've been to Savannah and found that the best way to see it is to drive down to the river, park the car at a motel and walk.....

We are home from Savannah and had a great trip. We left Thursday, meet Friday and came back Saturday. My DD rocked the meet. She got 1 3rd, 2 1st and 2nd all around. She was so excited. She did so much better this meet than her first prep op meet. She was just excited to get mostly 9's. I felt really bad for her because Monday she busted her lip while she was riding her bike. It's really bad on the inside. I know it was hurting her especially when she smiled. I actually bribed her (something I never do at meets) to help keep her mind off of her lip. I think it helped a little bit. She was upset because she didn't get a 9 on the floor (she got an 8.9). I thought that was awesome. She actually got up before her floor music was over and started to walk off before saluting the judges. I think she was ready for the meet to be over. It was her last event.

Next meet is states in 2 weeks and then she is done until August.... :).
[video=youtube;PQNCy5u8JEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNCy5u8JEU[/video]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back