WAG Serious training... curious, how much does it cost

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Curious whether the differences in the range of fees has to do with location where large metro areas would have higher costs given the higher costs of living and operating.
Curious whether the differences in the range of fees has to do with location where large metro areas would have higher costs given the higher costs of living and operating.
Oh absolutely! In areas where the cost of living is more expensive it's going to cost more to run a gym and pay for coaches salaries etc. so cost of living is most likely the biggest factor for sure.

yep- when everything related to her gymnasticsis is factored in, its 10K/year for us (level 8/30hrs.)

Of course

Level 2 (pre-team). The 2 gyms in our area require commitment for the school year. I'm not sure if that changes at level 3 (which is considered the team). They don't appear to list prices anywhere online.

Both prices are for 4 hours/week.

First Gym: $375 x 9.5 months = ~$3500
Second Gym: $221 x 9.5 months = ~$2,100

And that doesn't count going to see Kelloggs Tour of Gymnastics Champions (this Friday) and IGC Thanksgiving clinic (in a few weeks) ;):eek:

My DD has only been on the pre-team since September but I'm learning that the costs add up really quickly

And that doesn't count going to see Kelloggs Tour of Gymnastics Champions (this Friday) and IGC Thanksgiving clinic (in a few weeks) ;):eek:

My DD has only been on the pre-team since September but I'm learning that the costs add up really quickly

And leos...lots of shiny, sparkly, expensive leos. And also medal racks, and scrunchies, and grips (with grip bag), and gym bags, and tiger paws, and k-tape.. Gym is the gift that keeps on charging! Ha!

Anyone else from NY want to chime in here? o_O
I'm not very surprised we're on the high side since everything around here seems expensive to me.

I can't figure out the reference. (May have to look into this some more later today)
I'm sure Schenectady NY Dad is different from Scarsdale NY Dad, price wise that is. I'm thinking NY Dad is geographically more Scarsdale, but hopefully doesn't pick his feet in Poughkeepsie.

Anyone else from NY want to chime in here? o_O
I'm not very surprised we're on the high side since everything around here seems expensive to me.

I can't figure out the reference. (May have to look into this some more later today)
Scarsdale is expensive area of Westchester County near NYC; Schenectady is a less expensive suburb of Albany. Picking your feet in Poughkeepsie is a line from The French Connection, Oscar winning film set in grimy NYC of the early 1970s. Hope that helps.

GymDad9.9, Thanks for the clarification, it was too late for me to edit my post. It was just the movie quote that was over my head. I totally understand and agree with you about where in NY makes all the difference.

Level 2 (pre-team). The 2 gyms in our area require commitment for the school year. I'm not sure if that changes at level 3 (which is considered the team). They don't appear to list prices anywhere online.

Both prices are for 4 hours/week.

First Gym: $375 x 9.5 months = ~$3500
Second Gym: $221 x 9.5 months = ~$2,100

Whoa!
We pay just about $500/month but that includes TOPs, 12 hours of practice and coaches and meet fees!

We're at just over $400/mo for 12 hours/wk INCLUDING meet fees. Once the season is over we'll drop down to $275/mo.

Dd is level nine. 25 hrs a week. We are in a metropolitan area.

It is about 5000/yr for training then an additional 4000 for comp fees, Leos, warmups, assessments, clinics, choreography etc. we travel a lot so we are budgeting about 12000 for the family to travel to all her meets (would be somewhat cheaper if only I went with her to everything, but that's just not the choice we have made for now). Then there is training Leos and grips and tiger paws and tape and braces and PT and chiropractors and doctors and therapy etc.

Old gym was about $100 more per month but assessments were less, really a wash.

I really try not to think about it anymore than I absolutely have to. As I always say, this sport is not for the faint of heart or wallet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back