Parents Shaky jello legs on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kcanflip

Proud Parent
My daughter has a horrible time controlling nerves on beam and said she has shaky jello legs at meets. Any tips on how to help her deal with this in the moment? She does fine on beam at practice but had her first meet last weekend and it was fall city. I could actually SEE her legs shaking and wobbly. Next meet on Sunday and I'm hoping to share some tips with her.

Honestly, it comes with experience. The more meets she does, the more she will learn to control her nerves.

Yup, more meets, more experience, less nerves. My DD has had the largest improvement on beam this year relative to the other events and I think it is all a confidence issue.

Reactions: sce
My daughter has a horrible time controlling nerves on beam and said she has shaky jello legs at meets. Any tips on how to help her deal with this in the moment? She does fine on beam at practice but had her first meet last weekend and it was fall city. I could actually SEE her legs shaking and wobbly. Next meet on Sunday and I'm hoping to share some tips with her.

have her eat a couple of packets of gelatin? :)

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back